• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sigh....

dustyfromtexas

imported post

...Ms. Medina lost her bid for the Repub. primary last night:(. Oh well, maybe someday we'll have a Texan get elected that has some backbone on the whole OC debate. Until then, I'll just keep CC'n it I guess:banghead:. Btw, I'm new to the forum, nice place ya'll got here:cool:!

Dustyfromtexas

rodbender

imported post

All 3 are pretty darn good on gun rights. Although I think Medina is the better of the 3. It was her other issues I was hoping to get instituted. Mainly the one that tells the feds to bug off, Texas will take care of Texas, which of pretty much all the rest of the issues combined.

Also the fact that the TTC would actually be dead, not in a state of suspended animation. Trans Texas Corridor is still pretty much alive and with RP being in his last term, he will push for it as hard as BO is pushing healthcare. There are other roads just like it in the planning stages as well. They'll just go a different direction.

I can't see Medina running again. She was almost non-stop for well over a year. I wouldn't think she woulddo it again. Maybe someone else will come along, after the TTC gets pushed through and RP really pisses people off.

mrchrisbrown

imported post

After Debora's 911 comments I didn't have much hope for her but i still voted for her. I was half hoping KBH would drop out and support medina ( just to spite RP). I do hope that another 3rd party candidate will try to gain office to stand up for what is right. and I hope Rick "helmet hair" Perry will champion the 10th amendment..... but I'm not holding my breath.i guess it will be back to business as usual for RP...:X

mrB206

imported post

Its really unfortunate, to me, to see the Texas with stricter gun laws than liberal-ass Washington state. My wife and I recently moved to TX and its sad how expensive cc permits are and how oc isn't allowed.

I can't stand Perry's stupid ass with his 'secede' comments, but it seems some letters and lobbying is what we need to get Texas more liberal on guns laws

DocNTexas

imported post

Mr210 wrote:
Its really unfortunate, to me, to see the Texas with stricter gun laws than liberal-ass Washington state. My wife and I recently moved to TX and its sad how expensive cc permits are and how oc isn't allowed.

I can't stand Perry's stupid ass with his 'secede' comments, but it seems some letters and lobbying is what we need to get Texas more liberal on guns laws

While Perry has plenty of bad points in other areas to dislike him for, gun issues are certainly not one of them. In fact, any of the three republican candidates would sign an open carry bill in a heart beat if it were placed before them. The problem in Texas is that we are being sold out by some of our so-called, self-proclaimed,pro-gun, NRA member, legislators who work to block legislation on behalf of their big name, special interest friends. It is time toclean housein the Texas legislature.

Doc

mrB206

imported post

Yea, that's pretty sad, IMO. Honestly, I never went to Texas before we moved here and I always had this feeling it was open carry and people were OK with guns. Now that I'm here, I see it's quite the opposite in the urban areas.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

While (I guess) Texas CC CLASS/COURSE pricing is set by instructors (whatever the local market will bear) the application feeitself sent to Austin for CC permitsis half-price ($70) for those who qualify (check their "discount" categories to see if you're one of them).

As for OCing in Texas, I'd like to see Governor Perry himselfpush for OC, not just wait to sign something IF it gets to his desk...he should HELP get it to his desk!

Texas needs to catch up to MOST of the other states in this Union...now's his chance to help do that (but I'm not holding my breath).

-- John D.

mrB206

rodbender

imported post

Received this email from the Travis Co. chairman for the Medina campaign.

Hey guys,

It would be a great help if you could help us collect all the signs that are out there and bring them to the HQ at 502 Kenniston Dr.

We will be sending them all up to Wharton here shortly where they will be stored and taken care of.

HMMMMM......Maybe I was wrong in myearlier post. Maybe we will find out if Doc was full of it or not. In 4 years.