Thread: New to the Board and Proud of it!

Post imported post

Gentleman....and ladies of course. :-)

I just wanted to thank each and every one of you for supporting our rights on a daily basis! I heard about this website via the news the other night and wanted to join!

I typically CC but occasionaly OC in the King County Area. In fact actually met a nice trooper this morning that pulled me over for speeding on I-5 in Federal way. I immediatley informed him upon his contact to me, that i was armed. He asked me where it was, i told him "on my right hip" (all while i had my hands firmly placed on the steering wheel)

He told me to keep it there. He asked where my license and CPL was i told him my back pocket. (of course he asked because of the loaded "status" in the car.)He said keep those there too and show me your registration and proof of insurance (which were in the glove box)and asked me for my DL information verbally, since i would at that point have my right hand next to my Glock 21 if he wanted my actual license and cpl....

He went back to his car, and was back withinga few minutes. He stated to me to have a good day and that i was just getting a warning for doing 72 in a 60 zone. And was appreciative of my informing him about the firearm.....even though i was not required to.

I had a pamphlet that i got from this board a week or so ago and asked him if i could give him one, he said "ya no problem" when i gave it to him he said, "oh yeah, i have seen this board before" i fully support what you guys stand for.

So needless to say, doesnt sound like any of us will have a problem with this guy if we open carry. Hopefully he will spread the good word about OCDO to his co-workers.

Post imported post

Welcome to the board and glad to hear your stop was positive, considering the circumstances.

Post imported post

Welcome. Good story. Nice choice of gun, I carry a G21 SF

Also, you should indicate your location under your icon pic.

<----------------
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Post imported post

First off, welcome. I'm neww too...that's great the trooper was chill! And kudos for giving him the packet! I feel its our obligation to educate as many ppl. As we can so big up's from me bro!
    FEG~PA 63......i call it the noisy cricket....little gun huge friggin BANG**

Post imported post

Welcome. Glad to hear you had a good experience with LEO. Sadly it's not always the case in this state.

Post imported post

edit. WOW it took so long that it double posted. Sorry.

Post imported post

welcome to the board and nice story.

Post imported post

Welcome aboard
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here

Post imported post

I'm calling BS!

You expect us to believe a State Trooper did not take advantage of an opportunity to write a ticket????

Chief Batiste better not find out about that, or I imagine that Trooper will find himself doing vehicle inspections on the night shift at the most miserable weigh station in the state.

Welcome to the board.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Welcome to the forum.

I have had nothing but good inter-reactions with state troopers as far as my gun carry goes.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

No Bs Here! It was my first ever contact with LE and i must admit a pretty good one...

Post imported post

I've found I'm more likely to get a ticket form a local LEO than from a state Trooper. They are much more professional that people give them credit for.
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

Post imported post

911Boss wrote:
    I'm calling BS!

You expect us to believe a State Trooper did not take advantage of an opportunity to write a ticket????

Chief Batiste better not find out about that, or I imagine that Trooper will find himself doing vehicle inspections on the night shift at the most miserable weigh station in the state.

Welcome to the board.
    LOL
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill