• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to the Board and Proud of it!

colemac65

imported post

Gentleman....and ladies of course. :)

I just wanted to thank each and every one of you for supporting our rights on a daily basis! I heard about this website via the news the other night and wanted to join!

I typically CC but occasionaly OC in the King County Area. In fact actually met a nice trooper this morning that pulled me over for speeding on I-5 in Federal way. I immediatley informed him upon his contact to me, that i was armed. He asked me where it was, i told him "on my right hip" (all while i had my hands firmly placed on the steering wheel)

He told me to keep it there. He asked where my license and CPL was i told him my back pocket. (of course he asked because of the loaded "status" in the car.)He said keep those there too and show me your registration and proof of insurance (which were in the glove box)and asked me for my DL information verbally, since i would at that point have my right hand next to my Glock 21 if he wanted my actual license and cpl....

He went back to his car, and was back withinga few minutes. He stated to me to have a good day and that i was just getting a warning for doing 72 in a 60 zone. And was appreciative of my informing him about the firearm.....even though i was not required to.

I had a pamphlet that i got from this board a week or so ago and asked him if i could give him one, he said "ya no problem" when i gave it to him he said, "oh yeah, i have seen this board before" i fully support what you guys stand for.

So needless to say, doesnt sound like any of us will have a problem with this guy if we open carry. Hopefully he will spread the good word about OCDO to his co-workers.

SpyderTattoo

imported post

Welcome. Good story. Nice choice of gun, I carry a G21 SF

Also, you should indicate your location under your icon pic.

<----------------

BigIrish

imported post

First off, welcome. I'm neww too...that's great the trooper was chill! And kudos for giving him the packet! I feel its our obligation to educate as many ppl. As we can so big up's from me bro!

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

I'm calling BS!

You expect us to believe a State Trooper did not take advantage of an opportunity to write a ticket????

Chief Batiste better not find out about that, or I imagine that Trooper will find himself doing vehicle inspections on the night shift at the most miserable weigh station in the state.

Welcome to the board.

colemac65

imported post

No Bs Here! It was my first ever contact with LE and i must admit a pretty good one...

j2l3

imported post

I've found I'm more likely to get a ticket form a local LEO than from a state Trooper. They are much more professional that people give them credit for.

killchain

imported post

911Boss wrote:
I'm calling BS!

You expect us to believe a State Trooper did not take advantage of an opportunity to write a ticket????

Chief Batiste better not find out about that, or I imagine that Trooper will find himself doing vehicle inspections on the night shift at the most miserable weigh station in the state.

Welcome to the board.
LOL