• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle Starbucks

Sparky508

imported post

Well,

Here's the short version after action report, at least from what I saw of it.

Brady supporters: 5
OCDO supporters: Lost count...........

If I had a memory longer than the whiskers on my beard, I could tell you who all was there, but I suspect that they can fill in their names as this goes along. The ones I can remember, were Pooh, SeattleEric, Batousaii, others, but I’m bad with names let lone internet handles.

The Brady kids spouted their usual lies and misinformed nonsense, there were a couple of extreme supporters of 2A rights on hand, that I personally could have done without. (Pretty loud, sign waving stuff.)

I was interviewed a gentlemen Nick Wingfield, from the Wall Street Journal. Asked the typical questions and he received the preapproved answers to all of them.

The idiot that I was hoping wouldn’t be there seemed to get in some interview quotes. “I carry but don’t approve of OC, blah blah blah. I don’t know what I’m talking about, BLAH BLAH BLAH.”

Pooh, you can back up on this guy.

I even spent some time talking with the gal that was there to represent the Million Mom March. We actually had a VERY [/b]civil conversation. Of course I didn’t change her views on anything except for the way responsible people conduct themselves against their political opposites. We shook hands and parted ways. Probably to the disappointment of the press, with no yelling or name calling.

kito109654

imported post

Good job, agree with you on the bigmouths, they should stay home. Really, only 5 brady camp showed up?

we should check out the ceasefire website to see how they think it went. hehe.

Sparky508

imported post

Feel like after reading so much about Starbucks not wanting top be in the middle of a "gun battle", that I need to clarify that those of us that were there, as far as I can tell anyhow, didn't make it about Starbucks. I feel like we did just as good of a job of showing calmattendance vs the sign waving :cuss:and yelling crowd.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

After watching this report lol I have came to the conclusion that it must have been a real slow news day as the Anti's could not even muster enough to have a respectable showing :D

44Brent

imported post

The gun banners should not have pickedthis fight. By losing the fight, they just weakened themselves and made themselvesappear impotent.

antispam540

imported post

44Brent wrote:
The gun banners should not have pickedthis fight. By losing the fight, they just weakened themselves and made themselvesappear impotent.
Did they lose this fight? It sounds like the media is enjoying making fun of gun owners based on the activity of a few OCers at the protest.

Sparky508

imported post

antispam540 wrote:
Did they lose this fight? It sounds like the media is enjoying making fun of gun owners based on the activity of a few OCers at the protest.
Just so you know, the OCer's there were not the load boisterous ones interrupting the Brady Bunch, and the news clips I have seen so far put us pretty favorable.

Batousaii

imported post

The OC peeps there were very civil and polite, a bunch of us were interviewed, and all in all it went without incident. I have to give a solid thumbs up for the whole event being peaceful. I even walked over to the group of SPD officers and thanked them for their duty, all responded with a smile and appreciated the respect. Even the anti-gunners were relatively civil towards us and themutual respectful attitude was refreshing. My wife got some good pictures of the event, and some of us being with the media. The only negative encounter i had was quickly turned to a good one when a Seattlepolice officer had shouted at me to stop from across the street and approached me with a vigor, telling me "i cant do that". After a bit of info/idea exchange, where i even asked if i was being detained (replied with "uh... yeah.. for just a minute"[looked really puzzled too]), Iwas eventually able to politely show him that "I too am one of the good guys" andfinally it ended with a solid handshake and acknowledgement that it WAS my constitutional right. Finally someappreciation to both of us, and when i seen him later, it was a polite wave and "have a great day" with sincere respect in both directions. The day was great, the tenant in Starbucks commented that he appreciated us, and the barista's were energetic, had fun throwing the cups to be filled, and presented us with a cheerful service. After the event, my wife and i walked all around Pike's Place and the waterfront docks. We spent a total of almost 4 hours in the Pike's Docks area, and the only other contacts i had were curious friendly citizens asking questions, and people giving us a wink or a nod. I can say with conviction, that the recent media coverage and OC being a popular news topic hasbrought us leaps and bounds closer to simply being "normalised".

Thumbs up for a great day, and a positive imageof us all. It was nice to meet a bunch of forum members too. Poo, thanks for the great conversation after the event.

:dude:Bat

BigIrish

imported post

I agree with BAT. I think is great that the news picked up on this and it didn't get spun to any dgree! Seeing as Seattle is such a big news town! This has sealed the deal for me as a new guy to OC. I plan on my first outing tonight in edmonds!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Strongly encourage that NO events be planned and that if anti-protesters show up while you are at Starbucks, you should ignore them.

Drink your coffee and leave as you normally would - do not engage them by word or gesture - take the high road and let them look like the fools they are.

Please see the following link for Starbucks latest reply and their specific request.
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum4/39360.html

Yata hey

GreatWhiteLlama

imported post

Norman wrote:
http://www.theolympian.com/

Picture on the front page of Batousaii. I doubt it will make it on to tomorrow's paper, but still pretty cool
Wow Batousaii, unlike most of the OC'ers I've met, (well fed) you seem to be at the opposite end of the spectrum (much like myself). Perhaps a few hours at your local gym doing squats would be advantageous. :p We wouldn't want your drop-leg holster to... well, drop down your legs :D

Thanks to all that were able to attend. I'm sorry I missed it :)

Batousaii

imported post

:phehe, i was even skinnyin the army infantry, always been that way, cept for my new found lil tummy (40 yo now).. I do wear it at a bit of a slant, just comfortable that way, and i can get into my pocketwth a little work;) ... I have a straight belt too, use it for rainy days so the holster rides higher and the jacket can protect it from rain, but being a nice day, i wore the ol slingin rig.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Norman wrote:
http://www.theolympian.com/

Picture on the front page of Batousaii. I doubt it will make it on to tomorrow's paper, but still pretty cool
Arite, I got a pic of my buttside on the left of bat!

Anyways, the idiot that sparky speaks of, was a concealed carry, anti-oc-er basically.

Came over to our mini crew standing there (sparky,trevor,bat,me) and on the spot learned you could oc without a license, so he decides to oc right there, tucks jacket inside of pistol. Seattle times lady comes by, sees us, asks if we all members of ocdo, and then interviews the idiot. After that civil conversation with us, he goes ahead and tells the lady he doesn't oc because he doesn't want to warrant alarm and scare people, blah blah, when this guy just learned about oc! and he was ocing! hypocrite? ceasefire planted traitor? idiot?? :cuss:

Anyways the press thing was so boring, the lies were outrageous, "more Washingtonians died due to guns then combat soldiers...." chatted with bat for a bit, then chatted with seattleeric about motorcycles, met redbone, and then I went to bainbridge island via ferry and rented a kayak with my girl and we caught a monster oyster.....for comparison the the blade edge of that knife is 4 inches...

Edited to add: I think I also saw gogodawgs, either him or it was just some big white guy in a dark truck that thought I was cute so he honked ;)