• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sr9c vs kel Tec PF-9 size comparison

brute650i

imported post

I have been looking for a gun to CC and also HD. The sr9c has been catching my eye along with the PF-9 but not of the places I call have any kel tec's and have no time frame for when they are getting any. Does anybody have any pictures of these comparing the size and also shooting characteristics.

Thanks,
Brute650i

Michigander

imported post

If you want a Kel Tec, find a reputable shop, and order it. You will have it in a matter of days.

Personally I think they are harsh triggered junk, but different strokes for different folks.

jayspapa

imported post

I own a PF-9 and love it. If you buy one , you will benefit from smoothing out the molding line on the handle and I also had to smooth the tip of the trigger on mine.

I was amazed at how acurrate it was. I can hit a 6 inch gong, at 50 yards , 4 and 5 times out of 7 shots.

I used to think the kel-tecs were a shody gun till I handled one and then after I bought it I was very glad I did. Just like with cars and trucks , what one likes another hates.

bassic83

imported post

I have shot the PF9, and I found it to be uncomfortable for me. I didn't care for the checking on the grips, there were a few sharp edges. The SR9 I shot was the full sized one, not the C model, but I found it to be much more comfortable in hand, with nicer fit and finish. Both were quite accurate, both made the same size holes in the paper "bad guy", the SR9 was a little heavier, though not much. The PF9 also had a stiffer trigger, almost gritty in feel; the Ruger had a typical smooth pull, with a seemingly lighter feel.

In the end, the choice is yours, either will do the job, and both have their respective proponents and detractors. Best bet is to fire both back-to-back and then decide. Also, if you can holster it and carry it for a few minutes, going through a set of motions like bending over, twisting from the waist, sitting, getting in and out of a car, crouching, etc., that will go a long way in finding the more comfortable daily carry. An uncomfortable holster or gun will result in not taking it "out and about" as much, thus defeating the purpose, which is to function as protection for when the fit hits the shan...

Hope that helps!

reverenddan

imported post

I would add my .02 here and say that my ham-hands (as my wife puts it) don't fit well with the Pf-9. I bought one and traded it away.

I haven't shot, but I have handled the Ruger and it seems more comfortable to me. The Kel Tec just seemed too thin and sharp in the grip area.

I am always a fan of handling something before I buy it.

I generally have to wipe the drool stains off the S&W guns before they go back in the case :p

rtangen

imported post

I have the SR9 not the c model and love it. I traded a Glock 17 for it and glad I did. It shoots great and has a great feel. The backstrap on the grip works well to fit your hand.