• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FL v MARK SCHACK

OPS MARINE

imported post

I have been watching the In Session trial of Mark Schack, and we are in the closing arguments of his case. The Prosecution is closing now, and the .223 involved in this case is sitting on a table in front of the courtroom like it's on trial.

BUT TO MY SURPRISE, IT IS NOT.

The Prosecution is explaining step by step the process in making THIS PARTICULAR weapon fire. Paraphrasing, here are his steps:

1. Load the magazine
2. Place magazine in rifle and LOCK IT IN PLACE
3. Disengage the safety, as the safety blocks charging handle
4. Pull the charging handle to the rear
5. Place finger in trigger well
6. Squeeze the trigger with about 5 lbs of pressure

After saying this, he says the following: "Guns do not load themselves, folks, and they do not go off by themselves."

This really has nothing to do with 2A, but it sends a clear message that people are becoming more and more educated about the function of weapons.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

What's a trigger well? :p

5 out of 6 = 83.3% - that's passing, but not an A+

Yata hey

SlackwareRobert

imported post

"Well" it's where you keep your booger picker.
I wonder if he counts screwing on the silencer, and unfolding the stock
as two more steps.

But I must strongly disagree, ALL GUNS LOAD THEMSELVES, it is like gravity, and
speed of light, a universal constant that has never been proven wrong.
They shoot themselves also, but I have yet to find even one that aims itself.:banghead: