• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed carry classes in Central Oregon

nailtrails

imported post

bought my first pistol not long ago and am interested in carrying concealed. So, bottomline, I understand I need to take a class and apply with the Sheriff.

Anyone know who might offer or where I can find listings of who would offer concealed carry classes?

Thanks,

Jenshubby

imported post

Give Luzon security a call. They are armed security and might be able to point you to Art Smith or one of the other instructors who can do that for you.

Cremator75

imported post

If you put your location in your profile then maybe we can be more specific, but I'm in Beaverton and Dual Smoking Guns had it for $35 when my wife got her's last year.

chameleon

imported post

walk into the sheriff's office and take about 10 steps to your left and on the wall will be some ccw stuff including the class info. i just did my application last week. its a pretty simple process, just time consuming. I believe the classes are the first and third saturday of every month. i took the class in the building connected to the butler market store.

MaDuce

imported post

I live in Crook County which is very friendly to both open and concealed carry. I had a one on one with an instructor for my CCW permit and it wascomplete but all in one session, ( mainly due to prior experience as a small arms instructor in the military). The gentleman,( and I can't recall his name..sorry) was connected to me through the sheriff's office gave a discounted price for NRA members and vets.

Ruger9mm

imported post

Cremator75- When I went by there a week ago Dual Smoking Guns was empty and the building had a for lease sign in the window.