• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry @ Get Some Guns & Ammo

YoZUpZ

imported post

I know some of the people here and on UtahConcealedCarry.com don't like Get Some, but I have had nothing but good experiences from them.

Anyways, something that I thought was cool was that two of their employees constantly open carry their sidearms at work. One with a shoulder holster and another with a belt holster. Maybe its just me, but I thought it was pretty cool. I haven't seen any employees OCing at any other gun stores I've been too. Heck I even tend to get crap at other "gun"places for OCing, i.e. CAL Ranch in West Jordan.

I'm jealous, I wish I could OC at work :X

mqondo

imported post

A few of the employees at Doug's OC. I'm not a fan of Get Some. Their ammo prices are higher than other stores, from my experience anyway. Plus other experiences. Doug's is farther away, but I would much rather go there.

Pistol Pete Utah

imported post

Get Some has a few nice guys in there, but then there are a few that act like they are doing you a favor by working there!

I have never bought any ammo from them, and my last 2 gun purchases were at Cabelas (gotta love those CC points!) More then likely won't buy another gun from "Get Some"

:celebrate

Braveheart23C

imported post

YoZUpZ wrote:
I'm jealous, I wish I could OC at work :X

Get a government job like I have and there's nothing they can say about it. Two of us in my office open carry on occasion. A few people get a little freaked out about it, but there's nothing they can say or do about it.

Everyone at Impact Guns in Ogden OC's. I think it's probably required up there.

hornet7191

imported post

I have been shooting frequently at Rangemasters in Springville. The gentleman who is behind the counter OC's in a shoulder holster.

YoZUpZ

imported post

kdt1970 wrote:
On the East side of state street.

6651 South State Street
Murray, Utah 84107

Yup, pretty much the first stoplight south of 215 (right after Sams Club) its a light brown/tan building. I haven't been to Doug's, but Get Some's range is 100 times better than Impact's (the Impact in Kearns)

.45acp

imported post

I had one of the "experts" at Get Some tell me thatI could be arrested in Utah for open carry.

Pure non-sense from folks that should have better sense.......from what I saw, they are very impressed with themselves.

I was in the process of buying a Nightforce scope, some one else got that business. I have not be back.

Steve

coqui

imported post

same here! the first time at Get Some I thought he was tiered or having a bad day then my second time there I was completely ignored so I drove to Dough's and bought my XD40 and ammo + free range time

jpm84092

imported post

For what it is worth (nothing of course), I have never been ignored at Get Some. Doug's guys can get busy and lose track of you just like any other local shop can. Cabelas is the only place where you "take a number" as you walk up to the counter. It is nowhere near as bad now, but when the feller currently (temporarily) occupying the White House was elected, all the shops were overwhelmed.

Doug's remodeled their range a few months ago, but still limit what you can fire there. I use the Get Some range because it can handle anything up to and including .50 cal - and thus is the only indoor range (that I know of) that will let me do work with shotgun and my AR-15.

I have seen a mix of OC and CC at the various shops that I have visited. As for ammo prices, all the shops have high prices on some brands, fair prices on others, and low prices on still others. It sort of depends on the price structure when they bought and "what the market will bear". Sometimes a special at Cabela's will beat everyone else and sometimes not. It pays to shop around, especially if you are active and practice Gun Control - so that you can hit your target with every round.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

I carried openly in Get Some on Friday afternoon, to say hi to thoughtpolice, as he was utilizing their range.

The guy behind the counter, I believe he said he worked at the prison or jail as a supervisor, told me that open carry was a bad idea because if him and I were to get into "an altercation", he would just kick my ass and take my gun away.

Stuart also noticed me, and asked if I was being helped, but did not say anything else.

Overall a neutral experience, if you consider the guy commenting on how he would "kick my ass" as neutral. :lol: