Thread: Gene Porter, founder of Dixie's BBQ, dies

Kirkland, Washington, USA

Post imported post

Thought this might be of interest. The fellow who opened and ran Dixie's has died of cancer.

The fact that his family was willing to host our recent get-together, potentially stepping into trouble and controversy, when they were clearly dealing with the end-game of their patriarch's terminal illness, makes it all the more special.

I've been going to Dixie's since they opened, and this man was an important part of the community here. He will be missed.

Nortonville, KY, USA

Post imported post

I received this in my email today from LJ

Wanted to let all of you know that my Fathers service is on Monday March 8th. Viewing 9am til 11am, Service will follow at 11am burial at 2pm. It will be held at Overlake Christian Church at 9900 Willows Rd. NE Redmond WA 98052. He will then be buried at Tahoma National Cemetery. I Thank each of you for all the kind words and love that you showed my family and me. God Bless each of you.

lj porter

Olalla, Kitsap County, Washington, USA

Post imported post

Nice folks and a super gent. My condolences to the family.

Kitsap Co., Washington, USA

Post imported post

A sad day to hear of good people passing. I hope the best forhis family and friends.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Seattle, Washington, USA

Post imported post

My very deep condolences to the family of this honorable man. By the words of others here, I would have loved to meet him.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Whatcom County

Post imported post

Is there an address we can send a card?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)