• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gene Porter, founder of Dixie's BBQ, dies

tai4de2

imported post

Thought this might be of interest. The fellow who opened and ran Dixie's has died of cancer.

The fact that his family was willing to host our recent get-together, potentially stepping into trouble and controversy, when they were clearly dealing with the end-game of their patriarch's terminal illness, makes it all the more special.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2011227470_bellevueporter02m.html

I've been going to Dixie's since they opened, and this man was an important part of the community here. He will be missed.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

I received this in my email today from LJ

[font="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif"]Wanted to let all of you know that my Fathers service is on Monday March 8th. Viewing 9am til 11am, Service will follow at 11am burial at 2pm. It will be held at Overlake Christian Church at 9900 Willows Rd. NE Redmond WA 98052. He will then be buried at Tahoma National Cemetery. I Thank each of you for all the kind words and love that you showed my family and me. God Bless each of you.

[/font] [font="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif"]lj porter
[/font]