• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Action Alert! Firearms preemption debate March 4, 2010

azcdlfred

imported post

We are expecting SB 1168 to be scheduled on the Senate Committee of the Whole (COW) agenda for Thursday, March 4, 2010. SB 1168 strengthens state firearms preemption laws, adds firearms storage and accessories to the list of things political subdivisions cannot regulate, and removes the prohibition on carrying a firearm in public parks without a CCW permit.

Please contact your Senator urging them to support SB 1168 during the COW debate. A letter has been prepared and is waiting for you at our Action Center.

Copyright © 2010 Arizona Citizens Defense League, Inc., all rights reserved.

azcdlfred

imported post

paintsnow wrote:
You cant OC in a Park?
Current law, along with a court decision, allows Tucson (and other municipalities) to ban non-CCW permit holders from carrying in a public park. Their intent was to ban open carry. AzCDL's Secretary, Charles Heller, who has a CCW permit, open carried in a Tucson park and after being confronted by the police, got them to realize that the law does NOT prevent permit holders from carrying openly.

Strengthening State preemption laws is a long-term goal of AzCDL.

Fred

Dahwg

imported post

Charles rocks! Listen to his show when I can. I also am a huge fan of this piece of legislation. Got my renewal letter from AZCDL today... will be sending my $50 tomorrow morning.

:monkey

azcdlfred

imported post

Dahwg wrote:
Charles rocks! Listen to his show when I can. I also am a huge fan of this piece of legislation. Got my renewal letter from AZCDL today... will be sending my $50 tomorrow morning.
Thanks! I'm the AzCDL Treasurer and "administrative stafff."I send out all the renewals letters, as well as process all the incoming applications, draft the Alerts, prepare the newsletters, etc. When the legislative session is in full swing, I run a backlog on membership processing of about 4 weeks, so please bear with me.

Fred

Pace

imported post

AZCDL: Are you a milita group, or a pro-American, strengthen our rights group?