• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AP - Starbucks sticks to its guns in open-carry states - stock price rises

imported post

Unlike most here, I am armed, work daily to do anything legally possible to take apart government, both at the local and federal level.
When, not if, Jefferson's predictions come to fruition, I'll be prepared, unlike most here.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

caitlin wrote:
Y'all are foolish to think that walking around with a gun is not gonna freak people out.
You're a fool for the fact that very rarely does anyone freak out. Most people never even notice it.

I'm sure some people would freak out about it, if they were paying attention.

They've been taught to hate and fear guns and people who have them.

By hate-mongering, prejudiced, propagandists like yourself.

However, it has been the overwhelming experience of people who actually do it, that those who notice are usually just curious, or even supportive. When someone is seen with a gun, doing nothing but shopping, or walking down the street, etc... The rational human mind recognizes that this person is no threat. If this person were trying to do wrong, would they be taking their time, allowing the gun to be seen, just going for a stroll? The totality of circumstances negates fear, while YOU try to stir it up. You're not any different from that Dubyah guy you hated so much; using fear as an excuse to hate and attack. Isn't that your own argument, douche bag?

Ya see, flying airplanes into buildings and bowing up thousands of people, is a little different than going grocery shopping while in possession of adequate preventive defense tools. This is why rational, thinking people who see an Open Carrier DON'T freak out. Bad Guys don't go calmly about their business with guns in plain view. How long do they stand in line at the checkout? Rational, thinking people don't freak out over the sight of something that is clearly and obviously not a threat.

You use the same exact methods as Racists did to spread their hate. It isn't the same thing as racism, but the objectives and methods ARE the same. Hate is still hate. Lies are still lies. Dead people who fall for it, are still dead.

caitlin

imported post

cool, see ya there! Hope you don't shoot your foot off before the big showdown.
By the way, I'm not a communist, but your close enough. Good luck with your fight and I'm glad I got a chance to converse with you.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

caitlin wrote:
Just so I understand you:
You're are a revolutionary intent on violently taking down the US government?
This is f-ing Retarded.

A Patriot is a Revolutionary bent on preventing the Government from overthrowing Freedom.

Stupidity and Hatred are such a Government's greatest ally. You, are filled with both.

Should such a Government turn to violence (as ours often does) for it's oppressive ends, I would expect and hope that it would meet sufficient, violent resistance. Lest there be unchecked genocide as 'peace-mongers' like yourself have caused so many times in the past.

What an assclown.

Superlite27

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
the U.S. army will be on the wrong side, will you?

How do you know?

Aren't most of these soldiers U.S. citizens? How does a soldier who is sworn to uphold the constitution determine where his loyalties lie when taking up arms against the civilians of his own country?

I would think that 99% of the conspiracy theory, anti-government, SHTF scenario minded individual honestly believes that if the government would try some mass martial law takeover of the citizenry, they'd be up against the U.S. Army.

Well, I wonder where the families of these soldiers fall into? Do you honestly think American soldiers will turn on their own wives, mothers and fathers, aunts and uncles, and haul them off to the slammer? Is the U.S. Army made up of heartless individuals who have no concerns for their own blood and would willingly and mindlessly heed the call to open fire?

I would like to think our armed forces are comprised of more intelligent stock than you give them credit for. As a former soldier, I am biting my tongue. To insinuate that I, or any of my fellow former service members orcurrent servicemembers are "on the wrong side" is a gross misstatement.

If you find that the fine folks in the U.S. Army are "on the wrong side" you might want to take a long hard look at where your own feet are planted.

caitlin

imported post

I'm the hateful person?
You called me a douche bag and compared me to racists.
I was not rude and I am not a propagandist.
I saw your website in an article and was interested to hear directly from open carry supporters. The other person I was exchanging with managed to respond to me without losing his cool. If you can't engage me without being hateful, that's too bad for you and I would not want to meet you on the street while you were armed.

imported post

I know by LISTENING to them when they speak.
It boils down to "anything for a paycheck."
While there ARE a few on "our side," most are products of the government "education" system, mindless, non-thinking sheeple, with guns.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Superlite27 wrote:
mark edward marchiafava wrote:
the U.S. army will be on the wrong side, will you?
How do you know?

Aren't most of these soldiers U.S. citizens? How does a soldier who is sworn to uphold the constitution determine where his loyalties lie when taking up arms against the civilians of his own country?
I'm only too familiar with this argument...

If you live 'on base,' and your Wife and children live 'on base,' and you get deployed to go kill some 'militia revolutionaries' in Utah.........

Having your Wife and Kids at the mercy of those superiors giving the orders is pretty good insurance that you'll be quite willing to kill whomever you are told to, Us Civilians or otherwise.

This is why I never could enlist. The mentality of the US Government today and for the last 20+ years, has been more than willing to put a gun to the head of a soldier's child to get done what they want done. If you have servered under the modern US Government, you damn well that it's true.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

caitlin wrote:
I'm the hateful person?
You called me a douche bag and compared me to racists.
The truth hurts, don't it?

caitlin wrote:
I was not rude and I am not a propagandist.
You most definitely are both of these. And it only took you a handful of posts to prove it. You can't possibly try to back out of it now.

At least for my part, I say that hate-mongers and lairs are not welcome here. That means YOU.

caitlin

imported post

Hi ixtow,
Thanks for giving me a sense of the emotions behind this movement. I'm sorry you felt I was rude, I was reacting to what I've read on this website.
You don't have to be a propagandist to think that gun-ownership should come with restrictions- it's a valid point of view and it is a view that is held by many Americans. Good luck with your campaign to allow people to walk around with guns where ever they like; please don't be so quick to denounce people that don't agree with you. You should be happy that, even though I don't agree with you, I want to engage in this discussion.

modelo57

imported post

One of the top stories in the news at noon (WFSB in CT) was Starbucks and guns. The reporter went so far to say that open carry is allowed in the state "with a permit!"

I wonder if this could be used in an argument with almost anyone from L.E. to brain damaged idiots, oops, I meant Brady supporters. I don't think it would hold up in a current court of law in this state though.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

caitlin wrote:
Hi ixtow,
Thanks for giving me a sense of the emotions behind this movement. I'm sorry you felt I was rude, I was reacting to what I've read on this website.
You don't have to be a propagandist to think that gun-ownership should come with restrictions- it's a valid point of view and it is a view that is held by many Americans. Good luck with your campaign to allow people to walk around with guns where ever they like; please don't be so quick to denounce people that don't agree with you. You should be happy that, even though I don't agree with you, I want to engage in this discussion.
Then I'll give you a try.

1) Just because a view is popular and it exists, does not make it valid. Any view based on a lie, hate, etc., is not valid. It can be an opinion, but still, not a valid one. Those who adhere to lies as a foundation for their views, are stupid at best.

2) We don't have a campaign to let people walk around with guns wherever they want. We have a Constitution and defective Justice system that far more than justify it. We have a Basic Human Right to be Tool Using Humans, to prevent those less-enlightened from victimizing us. That includes the small-time crook, and the government.

3) Cops cannot be everywhere. We could never afford the tax burden of hiring that many people to take responsibility for our safety. The insane burden of control and taxation that would be created by a population bent on refusal to take responsibility for itself, well, that's exactly where we are! Hate for OC, CC, and guns in general, stems from the psychological discomfort of seeing others step up, while you still fail. As a group this is a powerful catalyst for trying to force others to be equally irresponsible to save the butthurt of one's ego, no matter how many people die from it.

4) Carrying a firearm is taking responsibility for yourself. If someone's head is filled with fear and hate, that's their fault. Ignorance -> Fear -> Hate -> Genocide. I am not responsible, regardless of what objects I possess, for the fear and hate of other people. It is in their own mind.

5) Carrying it VISIBLY ensures prevention instead of a counter-attack. Concealed Carry does not prevent anything. It gives you a fighting chance, maybe, if you're lucky, after an attack on your person has already begun. It's illegal to un-conceal your weapon without a threat. You have to beg permission and pay piles of money to get this permit. That makes it a Privilege, not a Right. The law and circumstances surrounding Concealed Carry make sure that it can never be preventative, and is marginally effective for self-defense. Open Carry openly advertises. You're not keeping any secrets when you OC. The People around you know, and that includes any would be criminals: Prevention. Refer to point 4 in regard to panty-wetting head-jobs who 'might freak out.'

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

caitlin wrote:
I'm was gonna just be polite; but I gotta say something:

1. I'm RUDE?
2. You seem kinda crazy.
3. I'm tempted to post something on the site everyday and tell all my hippie friends to start posting too. But I promise, we won't curse, we won't call you retarded and we won't call you a liar for no reason (btw, what did I lie about?)
1) Yes, you were quite rude upon your initial arrival. Now that you've crossed someone who won't back down, and is quite willing to outclass you in having no class, you've tempered it a bit.

2) I am.

3) Please, send them. I have very good reason for calling you a liar and you know it. I see no reason to re-iterate what anyone can read. Your lies are in omission and presumption. Intentional or not, they are still lies. It's a lot like a news reporter quoting someone else who tells a lie (I dealt with this earlier today) and then censors all responses and has no response of their own. They didn't technically lie themselves, they just repeated the lie someone told them. I think a lot of gun haters do this. They fall for it, then they repeat it. Being a victim of the lie doesn't absolve one in relaying it.

caitlin

imported post

... and what was rude about my original post?
... I still don't know what you think I lied about.
... considering that you're crazy, why should Americans feel comfortable with you carrying around a gun in public?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

caitlin wrote:
... considering that you're crazy, why should Americans feel comfortable with you carrying around a gun in public?
Because I've already been doing it fore over 10 years. And, wow, I haven't blown up the universe. I've been engaged in very unpleasant and emotional situations, and gosh golly gee, whipping out my gun and blasting everyone never once crossed my mind...

I call it being civilized and rational, even when overwhelmed. Most 'normal' people call it 'crazy.'

I don't need to assure anyone, or ask their damn permission.

Not carrying a weapon is the choice to be helpless when confronted by violence.

If you choose to be a victim, that's your choice. Imposing that handicap upon others, that's just sick and hateful.

I'm only considered crazy because I think in a society filled with people who don't. I've also experienced it, first hand, on more than one occasion. Some people roll the dice and get lucky their whole lives. Some don't. There is nothing civilized or respectable about the lucky ones decided to make the unlucky ones helpless when their number is up. 'Bad stuff' happens to thousands of someones every day. Just because it wasn't you, doesn't mean those people deserved to be helpless due to you not having experienced it or not understanding it.

caitlin

imported post

ixtow wrote:
I have very good reason for calling you a liar and you know it. ... They didn't technically lie themselves, they just repeated the lie someone told them. I think a lot of gun haters do this. They fall for it, then they repeat it.
So, do I know I'm a liar, or do I not realize that I'm repeating a lie?

If you think I knowingly told a lie, confront me with the lie.

If you think I repeated a lie I thought was true, go on and educate me.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

caitlin wrote:
ixtow wrote:
I have very good reason for calling you a liar and you know it. ... They didn't technically lie themselves, they just repeated the lie someone told them. I think a lot of gun haters do this. They fall for it, then they repeat it.
So, do I know I'm a liar, or do I not realize that I'm repeating a lie?

If you think I knowingly told a lie, confront me with the lie.

If you think I repeated a lie I thought was true, go on and educate me.
You've already made the statements here. You're clearly intelligent enough to figure it out, yet you're asking me to hold your hand?

I am not here to educate you under this thinly veiled guise. Hence why I have made an attempt to do so on other topics, and ignored this one. Pointing out the details of your deception are not of any use to me, you know you did it, I know you did it, what's the point?

I am not the Truth Welfare. I also know a setup when I see it. Fess up and say it yourself, or drop it.

This is me giving you a chance to redeem yourself a little. I rarely afford anyone that luxury, don't waste it.

caitlin

imported post

I'm confused
-You have the time to write all the above, but not enough time to tell me what you're talking about?
-Who exactly do you think I am? a spy or something? I'm acting on my own.