• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armed students stop shooter at a Virginia college

hunter45

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

hunter45 wrote:
I had never heard of this until today when I started doing some research for my essay on concealed carry on campus. I don't remember hearing about it on the news, although I was only 11 years old at the time. It's a good read. I thought I'd share it with y'all in case some of you hadn't heard about it either:

http://freestudents.blogspot.com/2007/04/when-mass-killers-meet-armed-resistance.html
As I remember this story neither of the good guys were carrying - they heard the shots and ran to their vehicles and retrieved their guns - than confronted the shooter. I think that one or both of them were in LE.

Yata hey

nova

imported post

Don't forget Pearl High School shooting

:arrow: assistant principal retrieved his .45 from his vehicle and apprehended the shooter as he was trying to leave. It was believed that after he shot up the High School, he was going to go to another school (either a middle school or elementary school) and shoot more people. The actions of the assistant principal likely saved many more lives.

Infidel

imported post

hunter45 wrote:
I had never heard of this until today when I started doing some research for my essay on concealed carry on campus. I don't remember hearing about it on the news, although I was only 11 years old at the time. It's a good read. I thought I'd share it with y'all in case some of you hadn't heard about it either:

http://freestudents.blogspot.com/2007/04/when-mass-killers-meet-armed-resistance.html
Very good read indeed, only problem; the author had no By Line. Would be nice to kow the name of the author to continue to read anything by him/her!