Thread: Cop on Facebook: Open Carry Advocates 'Should Be Shot' Video

Post imported post

This a decription of a partial video on the youtube.com this makes me happy I live here and no in CA What do you guys think or do you have any comments on this.

EAST PALO ALTO, Calif. — A controversy was brewing in East Palo Alto Tuesday night after a police detective made apparently joking comments through his Facebook account saying open carry advocates who visibly carry guns in public should be shot. Now East Palo Alto has become a reluctant testing ground for a battle of constitutional amendments: one police officers freedom of speech versus a groups right to bear arms.

Area resident Adnan Shahab is an open carry advocate who frequently goes out in public displaying an unloaded gun on his belt. Such activity is legal in California with certain restrictions, such as staying clear of schools.

Shahab said he was offended by Facebook remarks posted by East Palo Alto detective Rod Tuason. Tuason published a comment that said he agreed with a friend that open carry advocates should come to Oakland, Richmond and East Palo Alto and — in an apparent joke — said officers should shoot the advocates.

Post imported post

Well, if his department didnt have a policy regarding social networking sites and forums, I'm sure they'll publish one soon. What a jacka$$.

Post imported post

I saw this video a few days ago. Pretty stupid thing for anyone to say, especially a "peace officer". Right....peace officer....tyrannical enforcer is more like it.
    The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.

John F. Kennedy