• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cop on Facebook: Open Carry Advocates 'Should Be Shot' Video

barronburke

imported post

This a decription of a partial video on the youtube.com this makes me happy I live here and no in CA What do you guys think or do you have any comments on this.

EAST PALO ALTO, Calif. — A controversy was brewing in East Palo Alto Tuesday night after a police detective made apparently joking comments through his Facebook account saying open carry advocates who visibly carry guns in public should be shot. Now East Palo Alto has become a reluctant testing ground for a battle of constitutional amendments: one police officers freedom of speech versus a groups right to bear arms.

Area resident Adnan Shahab is an open carry advocate who frequently goes out in public displaying an unloaded gun on his belt. Such activity is legal in California with certain restrictions, such as staying clear of schools.

Shahab said he was offended by Facebook remarks posted by East Palo Alto detective Rod Tuason. Tuason published a comment that said he agreed with a friend that open carry advocates should come to Oakland, Richmond and East Palo Alto and — in an apparent joke — said officers should shoot the advocates.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I saw this video a few days ago. Pretty stupid thing for anyone to say, especially a "peace officer". Right....peace officer....tyrannical enforcer is more like it.