Thread: First Time OC

Post imported post

Well guys,

Took the plunge today.

I had placed an order for a Fobus MAK-1 for my CZ-82, & as I was leaving work the shop called & said it was in. So picked it up, clipped it to my pants & headed home. Had to stop by my local Walmart & the bank.

I understand now why people state that you have a higher state of Sit awareness carrying.

I was wearing a black hoodie, "VA Tucked" with a mag on left side.

At Walmart no one gave me a second look & believe me, I was scanning around.

The bank, made it inside with no problem, & was leaning against the counter talking to a teller I knew, when she looked down & said "boy you better go put that back in the truck". I said "why?" "ya'll aint posted,I looked before I walked in."

She stated that she had thought it was, which lead to the other teller wondering what was going on. When she told her I was wearing a gun, she simply stated "long as it ain't pointed at me I'm fine with it."

Now let me explain, the first teller happens to be a good ol' country girl,also a neighbor of mine so she wasn't freaked out, just trying to keep me outta trouble.

& I will be carrying once again, soon as I get my gun from the smith.

Thanks guys..

Post imported post

Pardon my lack of understanding as I'm learning all I can while saving up for a pistol, just got my purchase permit.

I've been studying the NC laws and such. I thought you could not bring a firearm into any financial institution?

Am I wrong?

Please advise.

Mike

Post imported post

I think the law is you can not Conceal Carry in a financial institution but open carry is legal if they are not posted.

Post imported post

The problem is that nearly everyone thinks that it's illegal to carry in a bank, including the police. Some folks on here have found places that are tolerant, but it's a little hairy if you're going to be the one testing the waters. Not that folks shouldn't do it, just that it may be pushing well beyond your comfort zone.

Post imported post

Per the law it is illegal to CC in a bank. Nothing about OC is said. But I will tell you that someone got arrested in a bank here in Jville for OC. No turn out yet I dont think. But personally I am not going to. I know how some people will freak out in the bank. Good thing I go into a bank maybe 4 times a years.