• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

no more Fletchers for me.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I've never been to Fletcher's but have been to Shooters a few times and bought several guns from them. I haven't been there in almost two years for a couple of reasons: 1) I think their prices are too high. I asked them the price for a Charter Arms .38 in pink (Undercoverette I think) and they wanted $20 MORE than MSRP. Uh...nope.
2) I ordered a AMD-65 from them even though the price was $100 more than what I had seen it for in other stores. I figured I would support the small shops instead of the big retail outlets. Well, they couldn't get it which is fine so the order was canceled. I instead ordered a Rock River Arms lower complete with 6 position adjustable stock. Well, months go by and nothing. No calls, nothing. I called them several times and the person who answered the phone had no idea how to even check on my order or when it would come in. That happened two times. I wouldn't have cared so much except that I pre-paid for the parts and I was starting to wonder if I would ever get them. Finally after 6 months the lower comes in. They actually called me! I go there and guess what? It is NOT what I ordered. Instead of the 6-position collapsible stock it is a full non collapsible stock. Oh yeah says the guy at the counter. So I wait while they take the stock off and I wait...and wait...and wait. Thirty minutes for them to get the buffer tube off and finally they give up. They hand me a 6 position stock from the store shelf and the lower with the buffer tube for the full stock still attached. I didn't care by then, I wanted to get my stuff and leave. I got the buffer tube off at home and installed the 6 position stock myself.

3) I don't like to breathe all that crappy cigarette smoke when I am there or on the range and I hate smelling like a bar when I get home.

4) Two times they have called me in the later afternoon/early evening asking me to go check the serial numbers on the AR-15 lowers I bought from them. What? No kidding. They apparently could not account for the whereabouts of a few lowers??? Don't know for sure but I did not want to get a visit from the BATFE. I did not check the numbers since I was WAY out of town for months.

5) Last October (2009) I get another call from them telling me the AMD-65 I ordered had come in but the price was higher than what we agreed on. Say what? That order was canceled 1.5 YEARS ago. So if I had an order with them it would have taken 1.5 YEARS to get it?!?! I see AMD-65's for $350 and $399 all the time and have for the past three years. Not going to pay $600 for an AMD-65. Especially since I didn't have an active order for it.

MKEgal

imported post

"when we went in and they found out we bought a gun somewhere else, they didn't even
wanna give us the time of day
."

I, too, shopped there but bought my gun elsewhere. They did get to sell me ammo once
or twice (before I found ammunitiontogo.com), & a lesson with Bob, and it's likely I'll buy
a .22 Ruger from them for target practice, but I haven't found any negative attitude about
buying elsewhere or bringing in my own ammo, or my own targets (plain printer paper,
BTW - perfect torso size).

"I get called out. they tell me that i'm allowed to open carry, but i'm NOT ALLOWED to
take it out WHILE AT THE FIRING LANE. if i want to use it at the range i have to bring it
in encased
."

That's odd... I draw & fire and haven't had any trouble.
Other than being lousy at it, that is. More practice needed. ;)

"fletchers minimum range distance is 30feet."

As long as you're not crazy close, they're not going to say boo to you.
I'm usually working in the 7 yard range & haven't had any trouble from them.
Beyond that, someone's not an immediate threat.

"at fletchers you can't smoke. at shooters you can."

Good reason for me to avoid this shooters place. Thanks for the warning.

-

hunter9mm

imported post

Is the Fletcher’s in Waukesha the same store as the Fletcher’s that used to be no National ave in West Allis?

If it is, they pretty much have not changed a bit since they got run out of that location almost 20 years ago! :what: