• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alabama Open Carry Day

Hollowpoint38

A sandwich made of knuckles, Hoover, Alabama
imported post

My name is Tim and I live in Hoover, Alabama. I'm new to the board and I think we need to have an OC day to help get the word out that Open Carriers are not criminals and guns are not "bad". I was thinking of a OC blood drive, or something like that. Anyone up for it or have any other ideas? Please let me know.

Remember people... Open Carry Blood Drive tommorrow (April 10). I hope to see you there!

dixieborn

imported post

Welcome Tim! To the site and to open carrying in general. I'm down in Mobile... so we likely won't be out carrying together anytime soon. But as far as a day, if you go out carrying on any given Saturday you'll probably be carrying at the same time as me! (As well as any other weekday I happen to be running errands.)

As long as you educate yourself (and there is a wealth of information and knowledge on this site) and carry responsibly, there's nothing to worry about in jumping out there! I hope it all goes well and enjoy your freedoms!

Hollowpoint38

imported post

Thanks! I have a lot of information printed off about Alabama Open Carry Laws just in case an LEO stops me. But it's still a bit unsettling because I've heard of Alabama Sherrifs taking CC permits after OCing. Then I would be screwed! I just think I would be less likely to be hassled it I were with other OCers. At least at first.

shfd753

imported post

I havent heard much on OC since since after i deployed and i had no idea it was as legal as it is. Id love to go out with some folks and OC before i jump out on my own and get hassled by Mobile cops, they arent the friendliest.

FedFirefighter

imported post

I think that is a great idea. I've been trying to think of a way to get the word out to LEO's and the public in general. I wish our current AG would put something out, or more media attention to bring OC out of the closet. I live around Enterprise and have been OC'ing all alone for a few weeks now, but I would definately support anything you can come up with to help the cause.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Kirbinator wrote:
Good interview. I hate to see the "it's my right" played up as much as the security angle. Birmingham is known for it's crime beyond the city limits...
Cite please.. I guess you can argue Langford is outside the city limits now so
you are technically right, but still plenty of local thugs. :?

Would love to see more of GOD given rights when mentioning that side myself,
to remind people the state didn't give you the right a higher power did.

Hollowpoint38

imported post

SlackwareRobert wrote:
Kirbinator wrote:
Good interview. I hate to see the "it's my right" played up as much as the security angle. Birmingham is known for it's crime beyond the city limits...
Cite please.. I guess you can argue Langford is outside the city limits now so
you are technically right, but still plenty of local thugs. :?

Would love to see more of GOD given rights when mentioning that side myself,
to remind people the state didn't give you the right a higher power did.
I agree with you. We already had these rights. We just happened to have some smart men put them down on paper. I wonder why we need to fight for rights if they are human rights... :?