• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yakima man shoots would-be murderer

cynicist

imported post

Sorry to distract from the Starbucks glory, but...

http://www.yakima-herald.com/stories/2010/03/02/man-charged-with-attempted-murder

YAKIMA, Wash. -- A 47-year-old Yakima man awaiting trial on a charge of child rape now stands accused of trying to kill the girl.
Kurt Dean Bonser made his first appearance on on the attempted murder charge Tuesday in Yakima County Superior Court.
According to charging documents, Bonser was shot Sunday night by a man who told police he saw the suspect pull a female victim out of a vehicle by her hair, hit her in the head multiple times with a large rock and kick her as she lay on the ground in an alley behind the witness' residence in the 300 block of Union Street.
The witness told police he came outside with a hunting rifle and confronted the suspect, who got in his vehicle and appeared ready to run over the victim. When the witness fired a shot through the windshield, the suspect put the vehicle in reverse and fled, according to court documents.
The girl was treated at a hospital for her injuries.
Police later found Bonser at a local hospital, where he was treated for a gunshot wound to the hand and shoulder.
Bonser is facing trial on a third-degree rape of a child charge for allegedly impregnating the victim in Sunday night's beating when she was 14 or 15. Her child was born in 2008, and she is the protected person named in a sexual assault protective order and a Superior Court restraining order that are in effect against Bonser.
The child rape trial was recently continued and is scheduled for April 12.

[If either had died, these would have been the third and fourth homicides this weekend in the area]

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Screw that punkass. sick 47 year old bastard having sex with a 15 year old (consensually or not, doesnt matter), I am disappointed the shooter missed his head. I really hope I won't be disappointed by the sentence when I hear it.

Aryk45XD

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
Screw that punkass. sick 47 year old bastard having sex with a 15 year old (consensually or not, doesnt matter), I am disappointed the shooter missed his head. I really hope I won't be disappointed by the sentence when I hear it.
+1 Jail is too good for this kind of animal.

heresolong

imported post

Plus there is no mention of any charges being contemplated against the shooter. This, my friends, is exactly how this type of situation should go down. Too bad there wasn't someone around with a gun when that teacher got killed recently in Tacoma. She might be alive today.

WildernessGuide

imported post

My sources say that the suspect in this attempted murder is a pimp who has several young girls in his stable. The victim is only one of them. Thank you to the man who used his hunting rifle to stop that murder.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

This is one of several problem areas in Yakima, and thankfully there are those that will stand up and act in the time of desperation.

I would like to help buy the shooter enough ammo to get that one shot one kill if it occurs again.

cynicist

imported post

I'll second that Dave; let me know if you find him.
We should bump this a couple times, since OCDO's been getting so much publicity, he just might log on.

I would like to help buy the shooter enough ammo to get that one shot one kill if it occurs again.
But are you saying you'll just buy him one round?

Plus there is no mention of any charges being contemplated against the shooter.
Note that they refer to him as the "witness," not the shooter. If they wouldn't charge the guy who shot at the fleeing home invaders, there's no way in hell they'll charge this guy. It was a by-the-book defensive use of force. Too bad he missed, but at least he got him, and if the rumors are true about what happens to child rapists in prison, it'll all be alright.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

cynicist wrote:
I'll second that Dave; let me know if you find him.
We should bump this a couple times, since OCDO's been getting so much publicity, he just might log on.

But are you saying you'll just buy him one round?

Plus there is no mention of any charges being contemplated against the shooter.
Note that they refer to him as the "witness," not the shooter. If they wouldn't charge the guy who shot at the fleeing home invaders, there's no way in hell they'll charge this guy. It was a by-the-book defensive use of force. Too bad he missed, but at least he got him, and if the rumors are true about what happens to child rapists in prison, it'll all be alright.
No not saying to buy him one round but a few hundred to help :cool: and I think they should give him the Legally Armed Shooter, the Witness, the Hero a Good Citizens Award for stepping up and doing what is right.

We all could hope to rise to the occasion as this man did.