• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newbbie

the last gunfighter

imported post

Hi all I just bought my first gun in my life in Jan 09 and got my CC to. I was born and raised in NJ so I'm used to massive gun restrictions. I'm trying to learn the laws and terms used here like LTCF and how do I get one if it's what I think it is. I'm not very educated on carrying guns since my family not very gun friendly. :D

RenegadePhoenix

imported post

Welcome to the Dark Side. you state that you got your CC? does this mean you got a Conceal Carry Permit? if so, then you have in fact received a LTCF (License to Carry a Firearm). PA only issues LTCFs.

i Highly reccomend a defensive pistol class before you start carrying so you know how to handle most situations you might come into.

The F.I.R.E. Institute is a great place to get proper training and they are located in Pittsburgh.

http://www.fireinstitute.org/

any other questions, just postem up and we'll do our best to answer them.

be safe, Chris