• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

IWB Open Carry

CodyM

imported post

Is it legal to OC in LA with a IWB holster? If so, is there a percentage that needs to be visible? My holster shows the handle, but it rides up and covers the hammer.

Thanks!
Cody

Tom Gresham

I was trying to research this question, and discovered that the link provided no longer works.

Is there a good link to this thread?

Thanks.

georg jetson

I was trying to research this question, and discovered that the link provided no longer works.

Is there a good link to this thread?

Thanks.

I can't believe no one has responded to you request Tom. OCDO changed it's location a while back so, any links to old posts are now useless. Can someone help with locating this old thread? Should we revisit this topic?

HeroHog

There is no set percentage. It only has to be identifiable as a gun. That leaves an awful lot of wiggle room but there it is. As long as one can see it and recognize it as a gun, it can be Mexican carried, in a holster, sticking out of a pocket, hanging on a string, pretty much whatever!

HeroHog

From the Louisiana Open Carry Awarenes League site:
Attorney General Opinion No. 97-485 - The AG says,
"There is no Louisiana law which in general prohibits
carrying a handgun if that handgun is not concealed."
All of these affirm our RIGHT to Open Carry in
Louisiana. However, there are some caveats - please see
the following:
RS 14:95.2 Concerning Carrying of a Firearm in School
Zones and "Firearm-Free Zones"
RS 14.95.4 Concerning Consent to search for a firearm
while at an Alcoholic Beverage Outlet