• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

opencarry.org mentioned on Fox News

oak1971

imported post

Some think they are more equal than others. Some have inflated opinions of their own importance. Deal with that.

oak1971

imported post

I could not care less what your name is, nor what, if anything you are a "master" of.

I would remind you that a dress code is not mentioned in the Bill of Rights as prerequisite for the exercise of those rights.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

oak1971 wrote:
I could not care less what your name is, nor what, if anything you are a "master" of.

I would remind you that a dress code is not mentioned in the Bill of Rights as prerequisite for the exercise of those rights.
:D ahhh..it's so refreshing to know that more people on this forum are now seeing Master Doug like I have seen him for some time now, as the perfect pricky troll & supreme snob. "Either we are equal or we are not" well Doug, you don't think your equal to anyone here, you think your above above us all.... maybe it's time to change your signature line..:?

oak1971

imported post

Glad to know I am not the only one. You will find that sort in any movement. They are best ignored, but often hard to overlook.

hunter9mm

imported post

As a new member here I think it's very interesting how much energy is exerted here pertaining to a shirt & pair of pants. With that kind of conviction, just think how much good we can do to help change the perception of John Q. Public and the LEO's on the OC issue.

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Just wish I could figure out this font thing.....:cuss::cuss::cuss:

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Sure. That's pretty much how I'm dressed now, anyway. They'd cry about their First Amendment rights and wasted money on body-mods.

And this is why there is no 'movement'. There are a bunch of followers unprincipled enough to follow any bandwagon.
Y'all are the ones that have decided that you are not equal. Or would you rather be coddled and your self-esteem protected?

No one was talking about rights but of a new distaff member and that member's insightful comments.

Your whining is not constructive.

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

I am not saying we should have a dress code out of snobbery or any self serving agenda. In reality, sheeple, judge off of appearance. How far are we going to get if the image we portray to Mr. and Mrs. Average American if we portray the very same image the anti's portray? NOT FAR. So grow up, realize no one is trampling your 1a rights, and help the movement, not yourself.

P.S: To make a point, why dont I attend the next event wearing a Thobe and turban? Every single camera at the event would be on me.

oak1971

imported post

Who appointed you a ruler and judge over all? I could give a rat's behind what anti-gun zealots think. Will they love you more if you wear a suit? I think not.

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

Once again, I am not judging anyone or trying to rule. I'm simply exerting common sense. People judge off of appearance. Thats a fact of life. Deal with it.
You dont care what the anti's think? Thats funny, because I thought these were the same people you are trying to persuade to restore our gun rights?

Landose_theghost

imported post

oak1971 wrote:
Who appointed you a ruler and judge over all? I could give a rat's behind what anti-gun zealots think. Will they love you more if you wear a suit? I think not.
Indeed, I am not going to change my outward appearance to fit the bill of what the anti's think I should look like. We are all equal, or we are against each other. Nuff said. To hell with what the media thinks,IMHO they always swing our events to fit their own agendas neways so why should we care?

Landose_theghost

imported post

What they think, and what they know, are two VERY different things. The media is going to spin what they will just to get ratings regardless of how we dress so this is a non issue.

Last point, does the constitution say " The right to bear arms shall not be infringed so long as you are dressed "bussiness casual"? nuff said.

-Landose-

GlocksRfun

imported post

We should get an open carry golf outting going. Then we'll have to dress nicely. But driving the carts isn't nearly as fun without drinking.

RNITOVR

imported post

GlocksRfun wrote:
We should get an open carry golf outting going. Then we'll have to dress nicely. But driving the carts isn't nearly as fun without drinking.

I'm game!

Seriously though. Some of y'all got some sensitivity issues.