• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Article on Open-Carry in Starbucks, VOTE IN THE POLL

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo, funny that they say "laws allowing" gun carry in public. At least here in Wisconsin there is no "law allowing" just a thing that many people forget called the state and federal constitutions. What a bunch of idiots.........

hduc2005

imported post

What do you think about laws that allow people to carry guns in public? I support them72% I oppose them24% Undecided4% Total Votes: 69,455

scorpio_vette

imported post

that's a trick question.

technically i OPPOSE the laws allowing any type of carry. because if there is a law allowing something, then there is also a law restricting something.

there shouldn't be any laws. we should just be able to carry to defend and protect ourselfs. PERIOD.

but i guess in this poll the answer would be i SUPPORT huh??? LOL

Lurchiron

imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
that's a trick question.

technically i OPPOSE the laws allowing any type of carry. because if there is a law allowing something, then there is also a law restricting something.

there shouldn't be any laws. we should just be able to carry to defend and protect ourselfs. PERIOD.

but i guess in this poll the answer would be i SUPPORT huh??? LOL

"that's a trick question."

Nope, just a national question; it would be a trick one only if it was a Wis. paper...err e-zine...whatever they're called nowdays.

Old Grump

imported post

Better a law affirming our rights than one infringing on our rights.

What do you think about laws that allow people to carry guns in public?
I support them72%
I oppose them24%
Undecided4%

Mlutz

imported post

Ok, I think I may have read this wrong...

"The Starbucks coffee chain announced today that it will continue letting customers openly wear unloaded handguns in its coffee shops."

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Mlutz wrote:

"The Starbucks coffee chain announced today that it will continue letting customers openly wear unloaded handguns in its coffee shops."
Nope, you read that right. SB policy is to follow state law and this came to a head in California. In California open carry with no permit is legal only if it is unloaded.

In Wisconsin, they follow our state law.

Carry On.

Mlutz

imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
Mlutz wrote:

Nope, you read that right. SB policy is to follow state law and this came to a head in California. In California open carry with no permit is legal only if it is unloaded.

In Wisconsin, they follow our state law.

Carry On.
Makes sense now I guess. Thanks.