Thread: Moving to IN

Post imported post

I will be moving to IN an another week. Where can I carry and not carry? I know school property is off limits.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Post imported post

Just remember you cannot carry/transport handguns until you get an IN License to Carry Handguns. There are very few exceptions, while moving(as in changing residences/place of business) home from place of purchase, and to a place of repair and back. Yes you even need the license to go the range.

Post imported post

Timjoebillybob wrote:
    Just remember you cannot carry/transport handguns until you get an IN License to Carry Handguns. There are very few exceptions, while moving(as in changing residences/place of business) home from place of purchase, and to a place of repair and back. Yes you even need the license to go the range.
    I have my UT non-resident privilege card, so no worries.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Post imported post

If you are moving to Indiana, you become an Indiana resident as soon as you move here (residency is established immediately), and your UT carry permit is no longer valid in Indiana. Indiana only recognizes other states' permits as long as you are not an Indiana resident.

IC 35-47-2-21
    Recognition of retail dealers' licenses and licenses to carry handguns issued by other states
    Sec. 21. (a) Retail dealers' licenses issued by other states or foreign countries will not be recognized in Indiana except for sales at wholesale.
    (b) Licenses to carry handguns, issued by other states or foreign countries, will be recognized according to the terms thereof but only while the holders are not residents of Indiana.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32.

Post imported post

Ah, good to know.

Post imported post

If you move into a county that has the online state application for the ltch, and go through L1 identity solutions for the prints, I've heard the turnaround has been as low as 3-4 days, if you go the mail route plan on 8 weeks. You apply online and take the number that you get at the end down to your local police.
    http://aries.in.gov/Firearms/Permit.aspx
    http://www.l1enrollment.com/locations/?st=in

Post imported post

I'm moving into Decatur county, city of Greensburg to be exact. Looks like Batesville is the closest one.

Post imported post

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I don't think Decatur co is online yet.

Post imported post

Nope, it does not appear to be that way.