• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry only acceptable when we can't see it???

Pace

imported post

You might want to take out the photo of the woman who ended up being shot by her husband by the gun she OC'ed with, unfortunately. Third from the Bottom.

Erus

imported post

Don't take down a single picture. Add one. Of the Husband who KILLED, (not the gun's fault) maybe showing his face (and those of her surviving loved ones) as the plunger of the syringe is depressed and he gets the consequences of using ANY tool to do evil.

I am afraid of evil humans that would do me or mine harm.. Not of the tools they might use to do that evil, nor of the tools I would use to prevent them from from doing that evil.

Pretty simple math in my mind.

Pace

imported post

Perhaps sometimes photos of victims shouldn't be used for political purposes. I'm pretty sure the kids wouldn't want that, and we need to sometimes be a little more compassionate. Just something to think about.

CarryOpen

imported post

My understanding was that she did not have the weapon with her, it was elsewhere in the home. The shooting was caught on her webcam.

XD40coyote

imported post

Please keep Meleanie's pic up. Just because her husband turned into a nutjob and killed her ( with his gun, not hers, and his was issued to him as part of hisprobation or paroleofficerjob), does not mean the pic is bad to show. Meleanie herself was not a violent person. Oh and her hubby killed himself after killing her.

KaosDad

imported post

So, the noob with the low post count is going to speak up here.

As I understand it, the base tennents of OCDO are to 1) excersize our rights to open carry and 2) to de-sensitize the average Joe/Jane to the fact that folks DO open carry.

In the photos you have of our Soldiers & Marines ( I **think** they are all Army - can't tell in a couple)they are in areas of the world where the gun is (or was) the law and everyone has one and carrys it. Thus - they are de-sensitized.

However, in the U.S., we were all, supposedly, "civilized" a hundred years ago and no longer need to carry a side arm with us. So, folks that do carry are "paranoid," "whack jobs," or compensating for not driving a Ferrari.

Well, that's my analysis. I'll go back to my corner now.