• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WSJ video on Seattle Starbucks protest by anti-gun rights groups

PacWest

imported post

Gilead_Gunslinger wrote:
its apparent these two gentlemen have issues... but instead of

getting into some kind of pissing contest with them or a debate

about their gene pool, I suggest we just ignore them....

My god this is why I watch who I associate with. Progressives such as yourselves turn everthing into in fighting.

You two are yellow bellied closet liberals. Go smoke your elitest collectivist pipes.You have shown your true colors. Now run you commies.

Trigger Dr

imported post

sgnmod wrote:
ya'll wanna talk crap about me and pacwest, you did not get any publicity for the cause, wow theres something to be proud of did any of you get your fat asses off the couch? Seattlesguns.net got the movement some publicity, not you.
Yes, you got the publicity...Now take your right arm and place it over your left shoulder and give your self a pat on the back. You certainly will not get one from me. If this representative of Seattleguns, I am proud to not be a member.

cscitney87

imported post

Nobody's bashing anybody. The video is posted on our forum for discussion and we are doing exactly that. We are discussion the aspects of the video- for better or worse. Welcome to OC.org, my friend.

cscitney87

imported post

but just one more time for the folks:

":shock::cuss::cuss::cuss:IT'S IN THE CONSTITUTION!!! AHHH!!! :shock::shock::shock::shock:"

lmao just kidding lighten up!

Batousaii

imported post

I was there, and yes interviewed several times myself. In reality, and as i mentioned before and on other posts, no one was all that bad. All in all it was very well maintained. Yes there was a little shouting, and yes a few excitable comments, but honestly, nothing worth cringing over, at least not as it really played out. I admit the media can spin anything to meet their agenda, and can make anyone look however they want. They been using a rather lame pic of me "pulling up my belt" when in fact i was pushing a sbux napkin into my coin pocket of my jeans and laughing at something my wife said. The point being, the current name calling and hostilities need to cease. We are all going for the same goal, second amendment freedom, and personal liberty. So to that end i would bade you gentlemen (and ladies) to show a bit of chivalry and civility towards each other. Lets not be rude and prove the anti-crowd's theories to be half right.

;)Bat

Remember: The media spins these things to get exactly the reaction out of people that we are seeing right here on this thread.

PacWest

imported post

You know it is better that we all get along. I don't want to fight with people that I would associate with. I know sngmod doesn't want to fight here either. It is useless and really not productive.

I admit I had some short comings at the rally yesterday. Will I play it better next time yes I will.

And you guys are welcome over at SGN. We are not that short sighted that we can't see past our own well you know.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

PacWest wrote:
SNIP
Sorry if I wasn't your model spokesmen but I wasn't repping oc.org. Yeah it may have seemed like I was "raising" my voice. I have hearing loss I have a problem regulating my volume of my voice.

I don't know how many political protests you have been to but you sound like you haven't been to many. There are two types that go those that are vocal and those who are props. I have been both. If you have a fear of being labled one should stay home and cower under their bed with a blankie.

A few people shook my hand and thanked me. One older gentleman that stood next to me and listened to very thing Isaid in the interview and told me I did good and liked my answers.

You can monday morning quarterback all you want but you were not there I hope your thumb didn't get to water logged while you rubbed your blankie.

I share your pain PacWest. I have a 80% loss in both ears (use hearing aids) and with all the background noise being able to communicate is nearly impossible. The only people who will ever understand the adversities in life due to profound hearing loss are those who walk in our shoes.

Welcome to OCDO

cscitney87

imported post

"The only people who will ever understand the adversities in life due to profound hearing loss are those who walk in our shoes."

Whenever I shoot I wear very secure ear buds. Which results in profound hearing loss. Sorry but nobody has to walk in your shoes to simply know what it's like to not hear well.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

cscitney87 wrote:
"The only people who will ever understand the adversities in life due to profound hearing loss are those who walk in our shoes."

Whenever I shoot I wear very secure ear buds. Which results in profound hearing loss. Sorry but nobody has to walk in your shoes to simply know what it's like to not hear well.
So you're comparing a loss of hearing at the range temporally versus those with apermanent loss? Try a job interview or even communicating on the phone with your hearing protection on and let us know how it works out for you.

Dementia

imported post

Perhaps,I have came in a little more agressive than I needed to. When I register, in an attempt to help our sites join forces. Instead of seeing, anything positive, I see jokes, and what seems like ridicule, my goal was to work for all gun owners. I did what ceasefire suggested and brought babies in a stroller, I thought I would play ceasefires game, and it has brought gun owners, a small amout of possitive attention, except for that snyde woman on channel 13. So please accept my sincerest of hopes that our sites, can work together , I have had the privlidge to meet a couple of your members, and they seem like wonderful people, I believe our 2 sites can benefit from joining forces. I in no way want to portray Seattleguns.net in a negetive light, do not use my actions to judge sgn members,

Greg

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Its a tough thing to get out there and represent a cause, its just not what most folks do everyday. Personally I've made mistakes or said a less than perfect thing or been criticized, one just has to pick up and learn from them and try to do better next time.

0V3RC10CK3D

imported post

Did it say they collected 28,000 signatures from people opposed to carrying in starbucks? I"m pretty sure that is a very very small portion of the people the business serves.

cscitney87

imported post

0V3RC10CK3D wrote:
Did it say they collected 28,000 signatures from people opposed to carrying in starbucks? I"m pretty sure that is a very very small portion of the people the business serves.
I was thinking just that.. 28 Thousand... That's not a Whole lot.