• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starbucks stuff

EdB

imported post

Hi all. New member here - lovin' the learning available to someone willing to read a very active forum. Still not comfortable OCing which I guess goes back to being raised in NY about a million years ago. Tomorrow I will go for my CCW class as I am entering the world of real estate and do not relish entering an empty house with a stranger without a hidden edge.

ANYWAY http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=39465&forum_id=59&highlight=starbucks says what I wanted to so I won't repeat that. All I wanted to add is that I think it is in our best interests to visit starbucks, possibly not OCing, and thank them at the counter for not restricting our rights. ESPECIALLY if the ... (new word for me ... ) hoplophobes are out front with signs and whatnot. In other words we should respect their desire to not be the center of the debate.

I don't like starbucks. Way too much money for a cup of hot milk with a little coffee in it ya know? No matter; today I will drive half an hour and patronize one so I can do what I just suggested we all do. And I will tell them I hope the hoplophobes will also respect their wishes.

uh... Ruger GP100 at the computer, Glock 9x19 in the dining room, Kimber Pro Raptor II in the bedroom on the night stand. Being at the computer most of the time, I keep the wheelgun handiest ;) And a 50 year old shotgun with a scope and adjustable choke on the wall. Dad's huntin' gun ya see :)

Dahwg

imported post

I am in Starbucks all the time OCing. Was doing so long before all this publicity hit, this is AZ- Nobody bats an eye if we OC. So I don't know why you would recommend we do it NOT OCing.

I was at Kelly's coffee on Cortaro and Thornydale- coffe's better and less expensive. The owners are 2A supporters, they support the troops - big time it's like the anti-Starbucks. I am way more comfortable there than at Starbucks, but there is only one location so I end up at Starbuck's just as often.

EdB

imported post

re dead link. I'll be darned. copy/paste is usually not a difficult thing so I dunno. Oh well. Sorry, but someone else ended up posting sort of the issue anyway.

re no big thing. Yeah I know. The thing is starbucks got sucked in by anti-gun people pushing them to ban firearms, said no thanks, got picketers from the anti-gun side, which in turn got picketers from the pro-gun side. So starbucks said please don't make us be the center of this debate. Thus I suggested go there and patronize them without making a scene and tell them when giving them money "thanks for not restricting my rights".

It'll go away soon. No worries....

Actually, the dead link thing is a wee bit annoying come to think of it. Oh well.

Did my CCW class today. Learned a lot. Our laws are pretty much common sense if you ask me. Didn't do to bad on the range either. She had me change my grip, finger position, hold the gun with a bit of a cant to it and not close one eye so it was outside my comfort zone but cool. Comfortable after a bit of up close coaching on finger positions and stuff. Gonna sign up with Caswells so I can re-enforce the changes into habits ya know?

PS the test is silly.

Michigander

imported post

EdB wrote:
Still not comfortable OCing which I guess goes back to being raised in NY about a million years ago.
If you want to get comfortable OCing, start off by taking walks late in the evening, when few people are out.

Machoduck

imported post

The Brady Campaign to Promote Handgun Violence has sorta shot themselves in the foot, so to speak, up in our neck of the woods. They held a press conference at the Seattle park nearest the original Starbucks, in Pike Place Market. Many more of us showed up than of them. We were more well behaved than them, from all reports, and most important, we supported Starbucks' right to run their business as they see fit. Perhaps people are really beginning to see that everyone is just grist for the Progressive mill.

MD

Sonora Rebel

imported post

The Brady bunch is gettin' desperate. Whenever they get shrill... it's a sure sign they're gettin' squeezed. Helmke is a lobbiest shill. He gets paid tobe shrill.