• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newbie living in Riverside County CA

B-Zombie

imported post

I am an Active Duty Marine I just got stationed here about 2 moths ago. I am currently living in Lake Elsinore. I have been reading up on Ca gun laws and boy oh boy. I have called the County Sherifs office to ask some questions about Open Carry in the county but he will never return any of my calls :banghead:. So does anyone live in Riverside County that could fill me in? Also are there any meet ups going on?

medic4army

imported post

Welcome to California, Marine. They just had a meeting in Pasadena I believe. I missed that one too. So far I have yet to see another posting for a meet. And ya, our firearms laws in this state are ridiculous.

medic4army

imported post

I'm also rather new to this. I've been monitoring it for a bit, but I dont post much. In any case, this forum is the best I've seen to glean info and meet ups from. Unfortunately man, I don't know anywhere else to find out. I would check out the threads that have a lot of responses, and find users that post multiple times. Then ask them. I still cant find anyone else from Orange County tho (where I'm from). Where in RC do you live?

Army

imported post

PLEASE read every line of every caution noted on these forums. Pullnshoot has a very comprehensive study of the laws, and there is a pamphlet that you can download that lightly covers the laws.

We also ask that you stand down from open carry until the SCOTUS decision is published in a couple of months. California has NO bear arms provision in the state constitution, making your 2ndA rights extremely difficult to defend in court. Should the McDonald case go in favor of incorporation, the 2ndA will then be forced to be recognized by the state, along with the 4th and 5th A's that are seriously denied when you get pushed against the wall and cuffed, while doing nothing illegal. It's happened to me too often, and I'm sick of it.

Ignore what is happening with Starbucks. While a good thing in many ways, it has excellerated Liberal legislationworking it's way through the political processes that will completely deny you from carrying without permission from the government. The Starbucks/Peets/California Pizza Kitchen fandangos have unmasked the looney left....and THEY have the eyes and ears of our Liberal politicians.

I am a rabid defender of gun rights, and was a near daily open carrier, but even I have stepped back from carrying until our rights are fully restored.

If you still decide to UOC, be 100% positive you are in a safe (no K-12 schools) area, and travel ONLY in groups.Lone carriers have no witnesses.

coolusername2007

imported post

Army wrote:
PLEASE read every line of every caution noted on these forums. Pullnshoot has a very comprehensive study of the laws, and there is a pamphlet that you can download that lightly covers the laws.

We also ask that you stand down from open carry until the SCOTUS decision is published in a couple of months. California has NO bear arms provision in the state constitution, making your 2ndA rights extremely difficult to defend in court. Should the McDonald case go in favor of incorporation, the 2ndA will then be forced to be recognized by the state, along with the 4th and 5th A's that are seriously denied when you get pushed against the wall and cuffed, while doing nothing illegal. It's happened to me too often, and I'm sick of it.

Ignore what is happening with Starbucks. While a good thing in many ways, it has excellerated Liberal legislationworking it's way through the political processes that will completely deny you from carrying without permission from the government. The Starbucks/Peets/California Pizza Kitchen fandangos have unmasked the looney left....and THEY have the eyes and ears of our Liberal politicians.

I am a rabid defender of gun rights, and was a near daily open carrier, but even I have stepped back from carrying until our rights are fully restored.

If you still decide to UOC, be 100% positive you are in a safe (no K-12 schools) area, and travel ONLY in groups.Lone carriers have no witnesses.

Welcome to all the newbies.

Geez, here we go. "We" are not asking for anyoneto stand down on UOC. Even the "right people" have made it clear that standing down will no longer have the effect they were hoping for. Some here have "decided" to stand downdue to fears ofpolitical retaliation for lawfully exercising one's rights.

Having said that, I would caution all newbies to be patient and open carry ingroups if possible. Learn the laws, know them forwards and backwards before open carrying. Severe and costly penaltiesexist for those who do not adhere to the law. Search the forums for the various pamphlets available to educate yourself.

I for one have not stood down, and will not stand down, however for the time being I have limited my open carry to group events.

If you're looking to join a meetup, then just keep monitoring the forum for the next monthly meetup thread.

pullnshoot25

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
Army wrote:

Welcome to all the newbies.

Geez, here we go. "We" are not asking for anyoneto stand down on UOC. Even the "right people" have made it clear that standing down will no longer have the effect they were hoping for. Some here have "decided" to stand downdue to fears ofpolitical retaliation for lawfully exercising one's rights.

Having said that, I would caution all newbies to be patient and open carry ingroups if possible. Learn the laws, know them forwards and backwards before open carrying. Severe and costly penaltiesexist for those who do not adhere to the law. Search the forums for the various pamphlets available to educate yourself.

I for one have not stood down, and will not stand down, however for the time being I have limited my open carry to group events.

If you're looking to join a meetup, then just keep monitoring the forum for the next monthly meetup thread.
The fears are fairly tangible.

PincheOgro1

ranges

anyone know any good shooting ranges?

Hey Marine. Semper Fi by the way. I live in Perris. I am a member of a gun range right there off the {74} between Perris and Lk Elsinore. I can invite guests [free]. Just bring your own gun, bullets, and targets. LOL. You may like it and become a member yourself. Maybe sometime in the future we could meet and go to the range. I open carried a few times when I first bought my pistol, but there are a lot of schools around here and it's quite a hassle planning out your routes, and I got negative input from a few here. see [ARMY] among others...

Welcome to the board, and if you're interested look forward to planning a shoot. Starting next week I will start having saturdays off and at the end of the month full weekends off till mid Sept.
(unless I get called in to work)

What kind of weapons do you have?

Last edited: