• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newbie living in Riverside County CA

vindicated

Riverside Magnum Range is okay.
They could benefit from more lighting, but it's close for me.
I can get you a discount, I'm a member.

Hey Rich,

What kind of discount? The lane fee's are what, $15? a discount would be nice. Let me know if you would be willing to hook a friend up. :lol::monkey

vindicated

Vindicated. My membership expired in January.
I think the discount was about $2.00 if you go with a member.

It's all good. :) I like magnum range a lot. The guys are cool. I found a nice semi-secret plot of BLM land to shoot on that I frequent due to the high power rifles and black powder. So that is where I do most of my handgun training too.

Anywho, looking forward to setting up a Riverside thing. Did you get my PM?

GarrettSuchecki

.... I found a nice semi-secret plot of BLM land to shoot on that I frequent due to the high power rifles and black powder....

do we need a secret password to get into the secret BLM land? :)

I found a nice little patch of BLM off of 74 and ellis in perris, and I have directions available if anyone wants them.

prowler10001

im a newbie to open carry is there any groups in riverside,ca

I'm new to this looking for a group to open carry with anyone know of any please let me know thank you

prowler10001

i live in the city of riverside near down town

:lol: i live near down town riverside by the Dmv. woundering if we could meet up and open carry maybe out to lunch or dinner.

MadMadi

Riverside

Open Carry in Riverside eh.. hehehe.. make sure to take your recorder!! Know your laws!!! :)

Last edited:

prowler10001

is it legal to open carry in a car

I spoke with a riverside county sheriff deputy he said u can but ammo must be in trunk. Is this true please reply soon

Army

I spoke with a riverside county sheriff deputy he said u can but ammo must be in trunk. Is this true please reply soon
Not true.

There are no ammo transport provisions in the California law. The only restriction, is to not have it in a position to be fired:

1) No cartridges in the cylinder of a revolver.

2) No cartridges in the chamber of a semi-auto.

3) No loaded magazines inserted--regardless if the chamber is empty.

Ammunition and filled magazines of any amount can be transported anywhere in a vehicle, including the carry case of the firearm.

Any amount of ammunition or filled magazines can be carried on the person. Magazines should not be carried inside a pocket, as that can trigger a separate charge under certain circumstances--they can be considered carrying concealed--. Magazines should be carried in specific holsters, openly on the belt.

Loose ammunition can be pocketed. Filled speed loaders for revolvers can be pocketed.

I carry 40 rounds in 4 magazines on my left side, 1911 in a competition Hogue speed holster on the right (or a Blackhawk "NRA" Sherpa on occasion). The Hogue allows really really open carry :)

Gundude

Call him back and ask him to show you where that is in the penal code.
It has been posted here before.....LEO's (retired or not) and gun store owners are not good sources for information.
Ammo by itself or in a speedy loader can be carried anywhere, in sight of not. A speedy loader is not considered part of a weapon.
A magazine is considered part of a weapon and cannot be concealed without a carry license.
Ammo in a magazine must be visible or locked in a container. It can be in a locked container with your unloaded weapon, but not in the well. Your trunk is considered a locked container. Your glove box or center console is not.

This is not legal advice, as I am not a lawyer.

prowler10001

is there a open carry group in Riverside,ca

Is there an open carry in riverside california so how do I join?

Has anyone open carried I'm Riverside. If so what was ur experience like?

prowler10001

woundering if anybodys free on sunday evening

Wounderimg if anybody's. Free on Sunday evening and would like to meet up ocing at a starbucks in riverside if so message me thank u this would be my first open carry I kinda need some support here thanks.

Firemark

Wounderimg if anybody's. Free on Sunday evening and would like to meet up ocing at a starbucks in riverside if so message me thank u this would be my first open carry I kinda need some support here thanks.

I cant make it I have to work, but would if I were available, just remember recording device on from the moment you start, and bring friendly witnesses. Dont forget pamphlets and handouts. Research and be sure of school zones, and remember your obeying the law, so relax :)

prowler10001

just found out that winco in moval on day street

Just found out that winco in moreno vallry is oc friendly. The guard stoped me. Checked my gun and said ok thank you wow what a first experience. But I know not everytime or everywhere will be like that.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
Just found out that winco in moreno vallry is oc friendly. The guard stoped me. Checked my gun and said ok thank you wow what a first experience. But I know not everytime or everywhere will be like that.

What do you mean the guard 'checked' your gun? Is this a private security guard?

If they are not a peace officer, they have NO AUTHORITY to check your firearm for ANY REASON. Not for loaded. Not for serial number. Not for show and tell.