• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

6 Year old kid suspended for 2 days

lil_freak_66

imported post

yeah it is BS,especially with a special needs person.

that no tolerance policy is ruining our educational system.

god have mercy on any kid that writes a pro 2A paper for american history

theres countless stories of kids getting expelled for accidents.

going hunting and then to school,accidentally having a shotgun shell in your coat pocket or a blood and hair covered knife in the bottom of your backpack.

next thing ya know drinkin fountains wont be allowed in school...it could help make a sickness or disease transfer from one kid to the next.

lil_freak_66

imported post

steve wrote:
home schooling the fix to the problem..

thats what i did after halfway through my freshman year.

but not many kids can do that.

though with the internet it is becoming alot more common,withmany online schools meeting the state requirements for a diploma or ged.

lil_freak_66

imported post

i meant with the work thing,not all families have a computer with internet or a parent that is there to teach them.

though the no internet thing is becoming increasingly rare as computers and internet get cheaper and cheaper.

cabman1

imported post

I am seriously thinking about homeschooling my 2 younger ones.I was told by a teacher a few years ago that they are not there to teach our kids unless they want to learn.When I was in school almost 2 decades ago you learned what they were teaching rather you wanted to or not!!!!

Taurus850CIA

imported post

T Vance wrote:
cabman1 wrote:
I am seriously thinking about homeschooling my 2 younger ones.I was told by a teacher a few years ago that they are not there to teach our kids unless they want to learn.When I was in school almost 2 decades ago you learned what they were teaching rather you wanted to or not!!!!

Unfortunatly the government has taken over education too, and guidelines are now in place that teachers must strive to reach. The teachers spend a majority of the school year preparing the students for numerousstandardized tests, which can be very boring for the students as well as the teachers.
Yeah, it's not education anymore. It's preparation. Learn what we're gonna test you on, so you score well, and we'll get more money from the government, who gets their money from your parents, but we don't care about that.

SlowDog

imported post

I call it indoctrination. My son got in trouble talking about guns in school. He is 8 and the teacher was freaked out that he goes shooting real guns with dad and he has 4 of his own. Go figure....:what::what:

lil_freak_66

imported post

SlowDog wrote:
I call it indoctrination. My son got in trouble talking about guns in school. He is 8 and the teacher was freaked out that he goes shooting real guns with dad and he has 4 of his own. Go figure....:what::what:

hopefully that teacher doesnt try and say some things about illegal possesion!

all of us on here(hopefully) know they're technically yours or somebody 18+....but some people will take normal things and try and turn them into huge ordeals,as often is the case with schools.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

SlowDog wrote:
My son's school got upset because he kept going on and on about some first person shooter video game. I guess they're too violent.

EM87

imported post

I heard on another forum that the reason the boy was suspended was not because of at inappropriate gesture, but because he repeatedly refused directions from a superior (teacher, maybe) to stop doing it. If that's the case, this is not an issue of a suspension due to making a finger-gun, but one for not listening to directions.

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
imported post

Bailenforcer wrote:
http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/central_mich/kid-suspended-because-he-played-guns-with-his-hands

While reading this story about the six year old I found a link in that story, the link below.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/central_mich/shooting-in-ionia

WoW! this story creeped me out bad. In the story theres reference to a shooting and I clicked the link and a old nightmare just came back.

Bart Cunningham the trooper I had a bad run in with in Mancelona killed himself.

Here's what happened, my lady friends son's best friend had a driving Learners permit, and asked if I would take him night driving to get his required hours of night driving and so I did.

We drove down Wetzle Lake road and he stopped at M-66 at the stop sign, now this kid had a weird sense of humor and liked to mess with people so he asks which way do I go, and I said your driving you decide, and after well over 2 full minutes of this silliness he drove straight accross M-66 and as we crossed I noticed a southbound set of headlights almost a mile away coming at us. Well it turned on the road we crossed and it was a State Trooper, and pulled us over. It was Bart. He became almost instantly billigerant with the kid and me with nothing yet said by us. Claimed the kid ran the stop sigh and I calming indicated in fact we sat there for well over 2 minutes and he called me a lair. At this point I knew this was going bad fast and was careful to not make waves on a dirt road where no witnesses were and warned the kid to be careful. When Bart comes back he orders the kid out of the car and does a body search and find ciggs on the kid. Comes back claiming the kid said I bought them (he's 17) I looked at the cop and said if he said that he's got a big problem and Bart asked me why. I told him not only am I a non smoker but I won't allow anyone to smoke in my car, house or even near me. So bart leaves and comes back and starts yelling at me and I stayed calm as I could till he was done. When the 47 minute stop was over we went home and the next Morning I called the Kalkaska State Police post and told the commander about the incident and he already knew who I was talking about before I said his name and found the ticket and said I quote " It never happened, I tore the ticket up" Now I never heard of anyone doing this and normally they say tell the judge so I smelled a rat. I called eveyone I knew and the media up here and went off on this. I called Lansing MSP as well. Weeks later I am called and find out there are open Rape investigations on Good ole'Bart now due to my raising hell.

Bart was convicted of CSC 4 but many more women came forward as well with similar allegations of offers of no ticket for sex.

This COWARD on february 27th Murered his teenaged son and wife and then killed himself. I hope he burns in hell.

I knew the second he opened his mouth he was a bad seed. Bart was a criminal in a MSP uniform. He shamed his fellow officers, he shamed himself.

I just found this link 45 minutes ago and I was just talking with other Officers about him this morning, kinda creepy.

Such a shame that his child and wife had to pay for his sins with their lives.. So sad.
Last I heard, they were not murdered, but had been shot multiple times. Check out Behind The Blue Wall.springerdave.

lil_freak_66

imported post

the national association for gun rights picked up on it,and it went out in an email to everyone on they're email list

PDinDetroit

imported post

So, when I was in Elementary School in the 1970's, we had a 3-Day long Field Day Event called COLOR WAR. The kids who were in grades 3-5 would be assigned to either the RED TEAM or the GOLD Team. We would don t-shirts in our team's colors, which the teaching staff happily handed out (the teachers were assigned to the teams also). We competed in many physical competitions over the 3 days, with the Daily Team Points announced over the PA System and the Individual Event Top 5 Leaders posted in the Gym/Lunchroom for weeks to come. Everyone I knew in the school looked forward all year to COLOR WAR (held in early May). Hell, this Elementary School even had a Fight Song we sang on a regular basis, along with the Pledge of Allegiance every morning!

Today, I do not see that this could be possible given the current state of affairs. I see that the following "issues" would be raised:
  1. Color War? What were you thinking!!!! Promoting Gang Colors will not be tolerated!
  2. K-2 Kids must be included! All-inclusiveness means ALL INCLUSIVE!
  3. Physical Competition? Think of the children (and the lawsuits if someone gets hurt)!
  4. Physical Competition only? No, No! You must have other "contests" to cover the non-athletic kids!
  5. Team Points? No, this will never do. Think of the children and how they will feel when you "keep score" and they do not "measure up"!
  6. Individual Events? No, we must promote group events to ensure diversity!
  7. Winners and Losers? No way, all the kids are winners!

lil_freak_66

imported post

heck even in the last 10 years its gotten way worse,i cant compare to anything pre 97 cuz i dont know.

political correctness is ruining our country! and in more ways than just schools and politics.