• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Verizon Wireless Hates 2nd Ammendment

wwgreene

imported post

I was a Verizon Wireless Dealer for 12+ years and had my contract revoked, without notice,because I had a shotgun in MY PERSONAL STORE -THAT IS MY PERSONAL PROPERTY....Verizon Wireless has agents, who they contract with and never provided security for, but don't have a security solution for angry, hostile VERIZON WIRLELESS customers. Last October, a violent, rude, threatening VERIZON WIRELESS CUSTOMER,who had never been in my stores before,entered my location in Walkertown, NC and startedmaking physical threats to me, my business, my familyand VERIZON WIRELESS EMPLOYEES. As any normal person, who has been robbed at gunpoint previously would do, I let him know their was a shotgun on location. After I warned and forewarned him of the consequence of his actions, he told me he worked for the local SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT!!!! When asked to slowly, carefully show me his credentials, he said he was a 911 dispatcher!!!!!!! Without allowing the aforementioned Sherrif's department to finish their internal investigation, VERIZON WIRELESS TERIMITATED MY CONTRACT!!!!!!! HELP ME!!!!!!!! Verizon Wireless is an extremely large, arrogant, lawyer-loaded corporation that runs over anyone and anything. Any suggestion or help, large or small, would be appreciated.Email wwgreene@gmail.com for more details!!!!!!!!1

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

wwgreene wrote:
Last October, a violent, rude, threatening VERIZON WIRELESS CUSTOMER,who had never been in my stores before,entered my location in Walkertown, NC and startedmaking physical threats to me, my business, my familyand VERIZON WIRELESS EMPLOYEES. As any normal person, who has been robbed at gunpoint previously would do, I let him know their was a shotgun on location. After I warned and forewarned him of the consequence of his actions, he told me he worked for the local SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT!!!! When asked to slowly, carefully show me his credentials, he said he was a 911 dispatcher!!!!!!!

Why did you ask him to s-l-o-w-l-y and c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y show his credentials? Please describe how that part went down.

wwgreene wrote:
I was a Verizon Wireless Dealer for 12+ years and had my contract revoked, without notice,.... Without allowing the aforementioned Sherrif's department to finish their internal investigation, VERIZON WIRELESS TERIMITATED MY CONTRACT!!!!!!! HELP ME!!!!!!!! Verizon Wireless is an extremely large, arrogant, lawyer-loaded corporation that runs over anyone and anything. Any suggestion or help, large or small, would be appreciated.Email wwgreene@gmail.com for more details!!!!!!!!1

What does your contract with Verizon say? Can it cancel you for what you did?

Did Verizon cite your violation of a particular provision?

SMW

imported post

Why is it that so many big name businesses are so quick to cut anyone associated with firearms loose? Pizza Hut did it and now Verizon Wireless.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

SMW wrote:
Why is it that so many big name businesses are so quick to cut anyone associated with firearms loose? Pizza Hut did it and now Verizon Wireless.

So many?

Who else....and how many?

SMW

imported post

HankT wrote:
SMW wrote:

So many?

Who else....and how many?

OK sorry I went overboard. So there are businesses that do cut people loose for this, just not "so many".

SMW

imported post

wylde007 wrote:
SMW wrote:
OK sorry I went overboard. So there are businesses that do cut people loose for this, just not "so many".
Hank doesn't deal well with hyperbole.

Ahh I see. Still I was just trying to say that it seems like this is becoming a little to common of a practice.

Personally, I wouldn't want to be associated with a business that prefers I were attacked over me defending myself. But then again, their position may not come out unless I was in that situation.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

wylde007 wrote:
SMW wrote:
Hank doesn't deal well with hyperbole.

Hyperbole has its place in rhetoric.

But, often, at the expense of credibility.

Advocates (and ideologists) need more credibility....and less hyperbole.

There is a cost to using weak arguments rather than strong ones.

wylde007

imported post

SMW wrote:
Personally, I wouldn't want to be associated with a business that prefers I were attacked over me defending myself. But then again, their position may not come out unless I was in that situation.
In Virginia we call that "No Guns, No Money."

Meaning that if they decide our money is more important than our right to defend ourselves, then we will take both elsewhere.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

wylde007 wrote:
SMW wrote:
In Virginia we call that "No Guns, No Money."

Meaning that if they decide our money is more important than our right to defend ourselves, then we will take both elsewhere.
Has that approach been effective for you all in VA, W007?

wwgreene

imported post

It states nothing in my contract about protecting my business, my life, my employees ormy property. The contract allows Verizon Wireless, without notice, to cancel your contract for any reason they feel is "unbecoming" to them. Again, this is a LARGE corporation with, essentially, unlimited funds to do as they please, how they please; ie. with money, you canbuy anything. Want to argue semantics, you better have deep, deep, deep pockets my amigo, because the legal system is on the side of $$$$!!! Mama told me, life aint fair, so I deal with it and move on!!! Remember, too,we carry LARGE amounts of cash in our stores on any given day....

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

wwgreene wrote:
It states nothing in my contract about protecting my business, my life, my employees ormy property. The contract allows Verizon Wireless, without notice, to cancel your contract for any reason they feel is "unbecoming" to them. Again, this is a LARGE corporation with, essentially, unlimited funds to do as they please, how they please; ie. with money, you canbuy anything. Want to argue semantics, you better have deep, deep, deep pockets my amigo, because the legal system is on the side of $$$$!!! Mama told me, life aint fair, so I deal with it and move on!!! Remember, too,we carry LARGE amounts of cash in our stores on any given day....
Did you sign the contract under duress?

wwgreene wrote:
Last October, a violent, rude, threatening VERIZON WIRELESS CUSTOMER,who had never been in my stores before,entered my location in Walkertown, NC and startedmaking physical threats to me, my business, my familyand VERIZON WIRELESS EMPLOYEES. As any normal person, who has been robbed at gunpoint previously would do, I let him know their was a shotgun on location. After I warned and forewarned him of the consequence of his actions, he told me he worked for the local SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT!!!! When asked to slowly, carefully show me his credentials, he said he was a 911 dispatcher!!!!!!!

Why did you ask him to s-l-o-w-l-y and c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y show his credentials? Please describe how that part went down.

wwgreene

imported post

When someone threatens you or your associates with possible physical harm or death, then, acting like they are all-of-sudden your 'knight in shining armour", your suspicion and alertness raise to a whole new level. Obviously, you are either inexperienced with the general public or have never been in a life-or-death situation.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

wwgreene wrote:
When someone threatens you or your associates with possible physical harm or death, then, acting like they are all-of-sudden your 'knight in shining armour", your suspicion and alertness raise to a whole new level. Obviously, you are either inexperienced with the general public or have never been in a life-or-death situation.
Why did you ask the dispatcher/customer to s-l-o-w-l-y and c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y show his credentials? Please describe how that part went down.

wwgreene

imported post

And further, Iwas associated with MANY, MANY law enforcement officials (police, FBI, SBI and State Troopers), and they NEVER, EVERbehaved in any manner remotely close to the way this individual did at that particular time in over twelve years!!!!!!! Had they, they would have been under investigation IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!

wwgreene

imported post

The UNITED STATES has air marshalls on their domestic and international flights, along with the TSA, and they STILL CANNOT STOP PEOPLE FROM DOING IRRATIONAL AND VERY DANGEROUS ACTS!!!! Wake up and quit trying blame hard-working, honest, law-abiding citizens for wanting to protect themselves and the problems therein!

wwgreene

imported post

When I got into the wireless industry, invested a large amount of money twelve plus years ago, I NEVER IMAGINED THAT OUR COUNTRY WOULD BE IN SUCH A STATE OF CHAOS AND LAWLESSNESS. You do not invest time and money in an otherwise stabel enviroment, expecting to have to defend yourself from wacko customers, who UNLOAD THEIR ANGER ON UNSUSPECTING VICTIMS WITH DEATH AND DEATH THREATS!!! And if you don't want to believe me, ask any school teacher what their greatest fear is EVERY, SINGLE DAY!!!!

Lurchiron

imported post

That's a nice conversation you're having with yourself, but how does it pertain to open carry? The only thing I'm getting out of it is that leftist teachers who are dumbing down our children, fear for their jobs; and rightly so considering their performance.

wwgreene

imported post

Simply replying to threads. If that is all you get out of it, then I recommed yougo back to the beginningof the threadandread more carefully. Or, if you need further understanding and enlightment, email me directly for step-by-step instructions.

Lurchiron

imported post

wwgreene wrote:
Simply replying to threads. If that is all you get out of it, then I recommed yougo back to the beginningof the threadandread more carefully. Or, if you need further understanding and enlightment, email me directly for step-by-step instructions.

Sorry, all I seen were angry bursts and non-compliance. HankT asked repeatedly to no avail on your situation.

I only e-mail people I trust, and that seems to be lacking in this instance; perhaps later???