Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC Coffee & Tea

Post imported post

Hello Everyone,

Glad to see groups like this are around and you all are doing a great job. I am a Libertarian activist in Phoenix, AZ and in lieu of Starbucks recent announcement am thinking about having an OC coffee & time at a local Starbucks shop as a way to say 'thank you'.

Any of you live in the Phoenix area interested? Most likely, my event would be in a central Phoenix location.

Post imported post

I am not quite sure what the purpose was of posting Starbucks' policy. Please clarify.

:?

Post imported post

They've asked to be left out of the debate. Many here feel as though an OC meetup there would not be prudent. I for one agree. They seem to want this to blow over, and I for one respect their wishes.
    If ever you find yourself in a situation where you can't be safe, be violent!

Post imported post

I've been OCing at Starchunks for years without a problem. Not a big issue here.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

NY2AZ wrote:
    They've asked to be left out of the debate. Many here feel as though an OC meetup there would not be prudent. I for one agree. They seem to want this to blow over, and I for one respect their wishes.
    I totally agree. If you want to go to Starbucks and OC, that's great. But I wouldn't throw a big get together there that might get the media involved. I'd let this media storm die down. We haveour victory, no need to keep fighting the battle.

Post imported post

I'd like to give them some of my money.

Since I don't go anywhere without my Life Preserver, am I now banned because someone, somewhere thinks it isn't prudent?

How is that any different than before this stink?

Whatever. <-- it's the new "F you!"

Don't you do this at Golden Corral? Will you stop having your get togethers there if the Brady's pull this crap on them?

If they don't want to be in the debate, then don't talk about it!

Silly humans tip-toeing around a bunch of sissy liberal panty-wetting. Why should you wet your panties just because they do? Do what you friggin' feel like, sheesh.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

I know some of the GMs of the Starbucks here in Arizona, and have met many police and OCers. I even gave courses to some people I met in Starbucks.

They all told me they have no issue.

Post imported post

AZGunster wrote:
    Glad to see groups like this are around and you all are doing a great job. I am a Libertarian activist in Phoenix, AZ and in lieu of Starbucks recent announcement am thinking about having an OC coffee & time at a local Starbucks shop as a way to say 'thank you'.
    I actually enjoy an occasional Starbucks and I always open carry. Never had a problem.

Fred

Post imported post

Eh, which starbucks are you going to? Mine has a bunch of harley owners, construction workers, and a group of folks I signed up for CCW classes who now all carry open and concealed in Starbucks.

Post imported post

Pace wrote:
    Eh, which starbucks are you going to? Mine has a bunch of harley owners, construction workers, and a group of folks I signed up for CCW classes who now all carry open and concealed in Starbucks.
    I live in Tucson. Most of the Starbucks I visit are in local grocery stores staffed by college kids. Took me a long time to wean myself offstopping by there on a regular basis- there's a ton of calories in those drinks!

Post imported post

You should stop it, seriously. You own a group that would do better with diverse membership (still not sure what you do, if you are a neo-nazi or a gun-rights advocacy group).

I'm assuming that you are a neo-nazi, government hating conspiracy goon who wears tinfoil hats.

Sucks to be generalized ,no?

Post imported post

Pace -I apologize if I upset you in any way.

Fred

Post imported post

'til this dies down I'll just use the drive through, or carry concealed in Starbucks. Last summer in Safeway, the kid running the Starbucks stand asked me all about the "Colt 45" that he obviously recognized on my hip (it's a Kimber). Apparently, having never been influenced by liberal kooks, he seemed genuinely interested in learning more about the 2nd amendment.

Post imported post

No, it's ok. I'm not upset.

I'm just saying that if you have a good cause (don't know you well) then you need to not generalize. You'd be amazed how many people on both sides of the aisle really are for gun rights, open carry rights.

I get tons of people asking me about open carry, and about the laws, from all places.

What makes a movement successful is diversity. I wouldn't be a memeber of the NRA or GOA if it was only right wingers, or only left-wingers... but it allows all sorts of people as long as they are for its cause.

azcdlfred wrote:
    Pace -I apologize if I upset you in any way.

Fred

Post imported post

In Sierra Vista the only Starbucks that I know of is inside of Fry's. I OC there each weekend when I get my groceries...and no one bats an eye. I don't personally patronize Starbucks *regularly* as they are out of my price arena, but Fry's and Starbucks are very OC-friendly and as such will have my business.
    My location says I am from Sierra Vista, AZ which is where I live now but I actually lived in MO for 26 years! So please stop telling me I don't know what I'm talking about when I post in the Missouri forum!

Post imported post

NY2AZ wrote:
    I'm with you. I have no problem open carrying as I go about my day, but if Starbucks is going to respect our rights, I'm going to respect their request not to place them in the middle.

I'd rather pick somewhere that needs some pushing to recognize the 2A.

Post imported post

The Starbucks in ARIZONA does NOT CARE. I know many of the managers here, the regional folks, they have no idea what the big idea is whatsoever.One manager told me until this week, he didnt even know there was a debate.

Assemble in Starbucks in Arizona, they don't care.

mzbk2l wrote:
    NY2AZ wrote:
    I'm with you. I have no problem open carrying as I go about my day, but if Starbucks is going to respect our rights, I'm going to respect their request not to place them in the middle.

I'd rather pick somewhere that needs some pushing to recognize the 2A.

Post imported post

I'm not sure why anyone is concerned about OCing in Starbucks. Starbucks was the first place I ever did OC in. I OC there virtually every timeI go in and they have always respected my rights. A number of the baristas have asked me about the gun and I've gotten the impression that they also wish they could carry in the stores (I'm sure the company has a policy against armed employees).Many if not most of the ones I've talked to own guns at home and some go to the range. Most of the customers don't notice or care. Of the few who did, most made positive comments with only a few making negative ones. Only a small number of places have I had trouble at for carrying and none of them were Starbucks.

Post imported post

protector84 wrote:
    I'm not sure why anyone is concerned about OCing in Starbucks. Starbucks was the first place I ever did OC in. I OC there virtually every timeI go in and they have always respected my rights. A number of the baristas have asked me about the gun and I've gotten the impression that they also wish they could carry in the stores (I'm sure the company has a policy against armed employees).Many if not most of the ones I've talked to own guns at home and some go to the range. Most of the customers don't notice or care. Of the few who did, most made positive comments with only a few making negative ones. Only a small number of places have I had trouble at for carrying and none of them were Starbucks.

Yea, but you look like Scorpio from Dirty Harry

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

Post imported post

I would be interested and I live in north central Phoenix. I've been OC'ing at Starbucks about once a week since this started. I went from concealed carry to open carry several months ago with the intention of desensitizing the pansies that freak out at the sign of a civilian in possession of a firearm when out in public.

Post imported post

"pansies"

Maybe that's why they are scared, because they think we are "thugs" who opencarry. By labeling those who don't understand, we make it worse.

Post imported post

Well, you are certainly entitled to your own opinion and what you stated is just that. But if it walks like a chicken, talks like a chicken and looks like a chicken, we shouldn't be afraid to call them by the appropriate name regardless of how they might be offended. I for one, am tired of worrying about offending people in the slightest degree. It's that same type ofconcern that says that no one should be open carrying - because others might be offended/concerned.

However, seeing how I can pretty much guarantee that none of them or middle-of-the-road folks peruse this website, it is a behind the scenes use and is pretty much irrelevant.

Post imported post

Not true at all, this site has people of both political parties, and has also helped some people change their mind. The entire movement has made more people question the anti-gun stance.

Post imported post

TJTackleberry wrote:
    Well, you are certainly entitled to your own opinion and what you stated is just that. But if it walks like a chicken, talks like a chicken and looks like a chicken, we shouldn't be afraid to call them by the appropriate name regardless of how they might be offended. I for one, am tired of worrying about offending people in the slightest degree. It's that same type ofconcern that says that no one should be open carrying - because others might be offended/concerned.

However, seeing how I can pretty much guarantee that none of them or middle-of-the-road folks peruse this website, it is a behind the scenes use and is pretty much irrelevant.
    I would be more surprised if antis did NOT peruse this website. This site has been getting open media attention lately (Thank you Brady Bunch!!!! ), and is VERY likely to be visited by those who are against Open Carry, Concealed Carry, and against firearms in general.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

The actual "gun control movement" is extremely small, that's the kicker. If you find how many people give money to anti-gun causes, it's very, very little.

The problem is that many of them do fundraising under other names, and very questionable tactics. I heard that Brady raises money under "Safe Children Foundation" or something different that is about "educating children on safety in and outside of school"

Educating the general public is the idea, not having a close-knit club.

PACE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast