• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Coffee & Tea

TJTackleberry

imported post

I would be interested and I live in north central Phoenix. I've been OC'ing at Starbucks about once a week since this started. I went from concealed carry to open carry several months ago with the intention of desensitizing the pansies that freak out at the sign of a civilian in possession of a firearm when out in public.

Pace

imported post

"pansies"

Maybe that's why they are scared, because they think we are "thugs" who opencarry. By labeling those who don't understand, we make it worse.

TJTackleberry

imported post

Well, you are certainly entitled to your own opinion and what you stated is just that. But if it walks like a chicken, talks like a chicken and looks like a chicken, we shouldn't be afraid to call them by the appropriate name regardless of how they might be offended. I for one, am tired of worrying about offending people in the slightest degree. It's that same type ofconcern that says that no one should be open carrying - because others might be offended/concerned.

However, seeing how I can pretty much guarantee that none of them or middle-of-the-road folks peruse this website, it is a behind the scenes use and is pretty much irrelevant.

Pace

imported post

Not true at all, this site has people of both political parties, and has also helped some people change their mind. The entire movement has made more people question the anti-gun stance.

wrightme

imported post

TJTackleberry wrote:
Well, you are certainly entitled to your own opinion and what you stated is just that. But if it walks like a chicken, talks like a chicken and looks like a chicken, we shouldn't be afraid to call them by the appropriate name regardless of how they might be offended. I for one, am tired of worrying about offending people in the slightest degree. It's that same type ofconcern that says that no one should be open carrying - because others might be offended/concerned.

However, seeing how I can pretty much guarantee that none of them or middle-of-the-road folks peruse this website, it is a behind the scenes use and is pretty much irrelevant.
I would be more surprised if antis did NOT peruse this website. This site has been getting open media attention lately (Thank you Brady Bunch!!!! :) ), and is VERY likely to be visited by those who are against Open Carry, Concealed Carry, and against firearms in general.

Pace

imported post

The actual "gun control movement" is extremely small, that's the kicker. If you find how many people give money to anti-gun causes, it's very, very little.

The problem is that many of them do fundraising under other names, and very questionable tactics. I heard that Brady raises money under "Safe Children Foundation" or something different that is about "educating children on safety in and outside of school"

Educating the general public is the idea, not having a close-knit club.

PACE

TJTackleberry

imported post

I never suggested we keep it a close knit club and wholeheartedly agree that we need to educate the public hense my support of open carry.

The anti's will NEVER be converted, because of how irrational they are, so whether or not someone uses a mild, but accurate, adjective to describe them is irrelevant. If I was using a profane laced tirade to describe them, you would have much more of a valid point.

So far in my travels, the vast majority of people don't even give me a second glance when I'm OC'ing, so if they hear that I've referred to the anti's as pansies, I'm willing to bet that it would not suddenly change their minds to oppose our right.

Pace

imported post

Most people are just uneducated, or anti-gun because they don't know better. For example, if you live in NYC, you are "taught" that the only people who carry guns are police and criminals. You assume that, because that is what you are taught.

People generally are limited (which is why 99% of the people in the US vote for the better of two idiots) by their preconceived existence and notions. They never go and question what they belief. Ever wonder how people could have participating in the Holocaust, or why people still follow pedophile priests?

Pace