• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Coffee & Tea

AZGunster

imported post

Hello Everyone,

Glad to see groups like this are around and you all are doing a great job. I am a Libertarian activist in Phoenix, AZ and in lieu of Starbucks recent announcement am thinking about having an OC coffee & time at a local Starbucks shop as a way to say 'thank you'.

Any of you live in the Phoenix area interested? Most likely, my event would be in a central Phoenix location.

rkbaguy

imported post

http://news.starbucks.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=332

starbucks2.jpg

NY2AZ

imported post

They've asked to be left out of the debate. Many here feel as though an OC meetup there would not be prudent. I for one agree. They seem to want this to blow over, and I for one respect their wishes.

Notso

Campaign Veteran
imported post

NY2AZ wrote:
They've asked to be left out of the debate. Many here feel as though an OC meetup there would not be prudent. I for one agree. They seem to want this to blow over, and I for one respect their wishes.
I totally agree. If you want to go to Starbucks and OC, that's great. But I wouldn't throw a big get together there that might get the media involved. I'd let this media storm die down. We haveour victory, no need to keep fighting the battle.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'd like to give them some of my money.

Since I don't go anywhere without my Life Preserver, am I now banned because someone, somewhere thinks it isn't prudent?

How is that any different than before this stink?

Whatever. <-- it's the new "F you!"

Don't you do this at Golden Corral? Will you stop having your get togethers there if the Brady's pull this crap on them?

If they don't want to be in the debate, then don't talk about it!

Silly humans tip-toeing around a bunch of sissy liberal panty-wetting. Why should you wet your panties just because they do? Do what you friggin' feel like, sheesh.

Pace

imported post

I know some of the GMs of the Starbucks here in Arizona, and have met many police and OCers. I even gave courses to some people I met in Starbucks.

They all told me they have no issue.

azcdlfred

imported post

AZGunster wrote:
Glad to see groups like this are around and you all are doing a great job. I am a Libertarian activist in Phoenix, AZ and in lieu of Starbucks recent announcement am thinking about having an OC coffee & time at a local Starbucks shop as a way to say 'thank you'.
I actually enjoy an occasional Starbucks and I always open carry. Never had a problem.

Fred

Pace

imported post

Eh, which starbucks are you going to? Mine has a bunch of harley owners, construction workers, and a group of folks I signed up for CCW classes who now all carry open and concealed in Starbucks.

azcdlfred

imported post

Pace wrote:
Eh, which starbucks are you going to? Mine has a bunch of harley owners, construction workers, and a group of folks I signed up for CCW classes who now all carry open and concealed in Starbucks.
I live in Tucson. Most of the Starbucks I visit are in local grocery stores staffed by college kids. Took me a long time to wean myself offstopping by there on a regular basis- there's a ton of calories in those drinks!

Pace

imported post

You should stop it, seriously. You own a group that would do better with diverse membership (still not sure what you do, if you are a neo-nazi or a gun-rights advocacy group).

I'm assuming that you are a neo-nazi, government hating conspiracy goon who wears tinfoil hats.

Sucks to be generalized ,no?

usmc73

imported post

'til this dies down I'll just use the drive through, or carry concealed in Starbucks. Last summer in Safeway, the kid running the Starbucks stand asked me all about the "Colt 45" that he obviously recognized on my hip (it's a Kimber). Apparently, having never been influenced by liberal kooks, he seemed genuinely interested in learning more about the 2nd amendment.

Pace

imported post

No, it's ok. I'm not upset.

I'm just saying that if you have a good cause (don't know you well) then you need to not generalize. You'd be amazed how many people on both sides of the aisle really are for gun rights, open carry rights.

I get tons of people asking me about open carry, and about the laws, from all places.

What makes a movement successful is diversity. I wouldn't be a memeber of the NRA or GOA if it was only right wingers, or only left-wingers... but it allows all sorts of people as long as they are for its cause.

azcdlfred wrote:
Pace -I apologize if I upset you in any way.

Fred

mFonz77

imported post

In Sierra Vista the only Starbucks that I know of is inside of Fry's. I OC there each weekend when I get my groceries...and no one bats an eye. I don't personally patronize Starbucks *regularly* as they are out of my price arena, but Fry's and Starbucks are very OC-friendly and as such will have my business.

mzbk2l

imported post

NY2AZ wrote:
I'm with you. I have no problem open carrying as I go about my day, but if Starbucks is going to respect our rights, I'm going to respect their request not to place them in the middle.

I'd rather pick somewhere that needs some pushing to recognize the 2A. :)

Pace

imported post

The Starbucks in ARIZONA does NOT CARE. I know many of the managers here, the regional folks, they have no idea what the big idea is whatsoever. One manager told me until this week, he didnt even know there was a debate.

Assemble in Starbucks in Arizona, they don't care.

mzbk2l wrote:
NY2AZ wrote:
I'm with you. I have no problem open carrying as I go about my day, but if Starbucks is going to respect our rights, I'm going to respect their request not to place them in the middle.

I'd rather pick somewhere that needs some pushing to recognize the 2A. :)

protector84

imported post

I'm not sure why anyone is concerned about OCing in Starbucks. Starbucks was the first place I ever did OC in. I OC there virtually every timeI go in and they have always respected my rights. A number of the baristas have asked me about the gun and I've gotten the impression that they also wish they could carry in the stores (I'm sure the company has a policy against armed employees).Many if not most of the ones I've talked to own guns at home and some go to the range. Most of the customers don't notice or care. Of the few who did, most made positive comments with only a few making negative ones. Only a small number of places have I had trouble at for carrying and none of them were Starbucks.

kenpoprofessor

imported post

protector84 wrote:
I'm not sure why anyone is concerned about OCing in Starbucks. Starbucks was the first place I ever did OC in. I OC there virtually every timeI go in and they have always respected my rights. A number of the baristas have asked me about the gun and I've gotten the impression that they also wish they could carry in the stores (I'm sure the company has a policy against armed employees).Many if not most of the ones I've talked to own guns at home and some go to the range. Most of the customers don't notice or care. Of the few who did, most made positive comments with only a few making negative ones. Only a small number of places have I had trouble at for carrying and none of them were Starbucks.

Yea, but you look like Scorpio from Dirty Harry :cool:

400full.jpg

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde