• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My new addition

Eric.

imported post

I'm curious about the rounds on the bottom left of the picture with the sharpie X out marks on them. I do that when I have gotten rounds soaked in water so I no longer trust them and shoot them up as practice rounds. You?

adam m

imported post

That's my next pistol for sure. Going to get it next summer after I get back from iraq. I opted for the glock 19. Something my wife could handle easily while I was deployed. It's a simple weapon. No safety to speak of all she has to do is point and click. But the 226 is definatly next. Good choice brother.

Porter N

imported post

i found this gun at cabela's. i was fully intending to save up for a 226 blackwater tactical that comes with 4 20-round mags (9mm), but when i finally had enough money (1200 dollars), no one had the blackwater in stock. Cabela's was having a few sales, so i stopped in with my wife and we were just looking and fondling several different guns, and i noticed one specific sale was 50 dollars off any sig in stock. they only had this 226R. but Cabela's had a package exclusive - the 226R with night sights, two 15-round mags and two 18-round mags, plus the 50 dollar-off sale. i bought it right then for 799.99 plus tax and used the rest of the money for a holster and a few thousand rounds of 9mm (2,149 rounds of 9mm left as of yesterday:what:i've purchased more since the pictures were taken.:D)

Porter N

imported post

It's actually a Sig Sauer retention paddle holster. the blackhawk's have a wider paddle with more of a lip to keep it on your belt. this one fits very comfortably, while i wore a blackhawk and it was slightly annoying when i sat down. just my opinion tho.