Thread: Who needs a gun in Boston?

Post imported post

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...atch_on_crime/

As part of a new crime-fighting initiative unveiled yesterday, Boston police now have the ability to witness shootings, robberies, and even homicides on many city streets from computer screens at headquarters...
    Oh goodie! Now if I go back to Boston, someone can WATCH me get mugged and/or killed, as opposed to dying where no one can see me.

That makes me feel.... safe.

Extra points if you can show me where in this article it explicitly says the system is designed to PREVENT crime.

Yes, I'm feeling curmudgeonly today. Why do you ask?
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

Crime prevention is not a technical systems responsibility. It is everyone's responsibility. There are very few times, that criminals stick around for the police to show up and then initiate the criminal act. When criminals realize that this system can monitor their activity, they will either move to another area, or realize the futility and give up the activity.

In the MA town that I worked, the police also operated the Ambulance Service. One early morning, while we were enroute to the hospital with a heart attack patient, with everyone except the dispatcher inside the ambulance, we drove past a jewelry store that was being broken into.

Cops cannot be everywhere. But, how do explain the down turn of violent crime in cities?

Post imported post

mrsemman wrote:
    how do explain the down turn of violent crime in cities?
    Video games turning youth into lazy fat arses who'd keel over and die not even a mile into a foot chase with the cops.

Post imported post

Yeah, but now that they, the liberals, have outlawed transfats, the kids will be just lazy and no longer fat.

Post imported post

mrsemman wrote:
    Crime prevention is not a technical systems responsibility. It is everyone's responsibility. There are very few times, that criminals stick around for the police to show up and then initiate the criminal act. When criminals realize that this system can monitor their activity, they will either move to another area, or realize the futility and give up the activity.

In the MA town that I worked, the police also operated the Ambulance Service. One early morning, while we were enroute to the hospital with a heart attack patient, with everyone except the dispatcher inside the ambulance, we drove past a jewelry store that was being broken into.

Cops cannot be everywhere. But, how do explain the down turn of violent crime in cities?
    Commensurate with the upturn of both concealed and open carry, as well as the change in gun laws over the years which far better support carry of all types now than they did in the 1980s?

Just a gues... :celebrate
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Post imported post

Nope still going with the video games. There's more that coincides with the rise in popularity of video games and the decline in violent crime than there is for OC and CC being a deterrant. It's been argued that those who would be prone to commiting such crimes are getting their "fix" per se from violent video games. I'd get the data, but I keep getting "Policy Block: Video Games This action has been logged" messages. Stupid network. :X