• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

3/5/08

flagellum

imported post

Ahh, this is on me? :what:

Well In that case I chose S Grand Central Parkway and Bonneville.

It is out of the way but there is a trolley that rolls downtown.

Also I request it to be set at 8:30 as this is pretty short notice. I will 100% be there, and I hope I'm not too late to post this. My number is :cuss: if there is any questions. Don't leave me to be a martyr. :uhoh:

odesskiy

imported post

I know this is a longshot, but can any of you guys that are showing up sell me a box or two of .380ACP ammo? I've got a class tomorrow that calls for a back-up gun with 100 rounds of ammo. I'd like to use my LCP since it really is BUG, but I only have one box of ammo. I could cheat and use a G27, but I don't really want to carry that brick in my pocket all day.

Thanks.

flagellum

imported post

odesskiy wrote:
I know this is a longshot, but can any of you guys that are showing up sell me a box or two of .380ACP ammo? I've got a class tomorrow that calls for a back-up gun with 100 rounds of ammo. I'd like to use my LCP since it really is BUG, but I only have one box of ammo. I could cheat and use a G27, but I don't really want to carry that brick in my pocket all day.

Thanks.

I have two boxes of .380. I will gladly let you borrow them, as long as I can get repayed in .380.

odesskiy

imported post

flagellum wrote:
odesskiy wrote:

Thanks.

I have two boxes of .380. I will gladly let you borrow them, as long as I can get repayed in .380.
I very much appreciate it! Can I give you the monetary value as a deposit?

Sabotage70

imported post

No biggie. We just cruised around the outlet mall. And Godspeed bought some pants from Levi's.

0305002108.jpg

flagellum

imported post

God I hate pictures! Oh well. Maybe the next one will be more flattering.

Anyways after I left you guys I finally did it: OC all by my lonesome in NLV of all places. I stopped in walmart to go pick up some food. For the most part uneventful, did speak to one clerk, and she seemed to act normal to me. On the way out though in line I could tell the woman in front of me with her two teenager kids was very uncomfortable. It was written on her face and I caught her two sons take millisecond glances at my pistol. I felt kind of bad because I don't like to make people seem uneasy, but I guess that's how it starts. On the way out passed by more clerks and a couple Airmen, but didn't run into trouble. My heart was racing the whole time, but I guess the more I do it the less awkward it will feel.

Remmy

imported post

Glad there were no issues to report, sorry again for over sleeping I swear im cursed when it comes to first friday! been trying to get to it for 2 years now.

when i first started ocing i felt much the same, felt like everyone was looking at me and my heart was racing after a few times doing it, its completely second nature now and dont give it a second thought. Fantastic that you were able to OC solo

GoDSpeeD

imported post

Yah it was a good time. I got some pants and we talked in the parking lot for an hour or so. I didn't realize that the mall closed at 9. That was kinda strange for an outside mall on a Friday.

Remmy

imported post

yah i think thats par for the course these days. im thinking about going to the gunshow tomarrow at some point. if not ill be going sunday and hopefully be able to make it to the lunch meet....love that bar i used to be in there all the time when i lived off ann

doninvegas

imported post

Maybe that is why i dident see any one at the gun show today...lol
But i did get a good deal on some 45 acp....factory new 500 rounds for $175....:celebrate
and picked up a few new Wilson combat 8 round mags...new $8 bucks ea...

see ya all Sunday:lol:...

Sabotage70

imported post

doninvegas wrote:
Maybe that is why i dident see any one at the gun show today...lol
But i did get a good deal on some 45 acp....factory new 500 rounds for $175....:celebrate
and picked up a few new Wilson combat 8 round mags...new $8 bucks ea...

see ya all Sunday:lol:...
Did you OC and if you did, you have to check your sidearm?

doninvegas

imported post

I did OC...like i said i goofed up.....when the doors opened....4 lines just pushed every one in ...i dident see the table...i went right through the turn style and was in side...:what:

Sabotage70

imported post

doninvegas wrote:
I did OC...like i said i goofed up.....when the doors opened....4 lines just pushed every one in ...i dident see the table...i went right through the turn style and was in side...:what:
They say anything about having loaded mags?

doninvegas

imported post

They dident say anything about the mag...I poped it out before i handed the gun to him...i dont think he knew i had one...:p

Sabotage70

imported post

doninvegas wrote:
They dident say anything about the mag...I poped it out before i handed the gun to him...i dont think he knew i had one...:p

Ok, the one time I checked mine there I pulled the mag out and started to hand them my gun. He stopped me right there and told me I had to take my ammo to my truck. :X

GoDSpeeD

imported post

I didn't have any issues with ammo in my pocket, but of course I didn't offer any information either. Also I closed the gun after the band was on it. Very uncomfortable when walking around with it. This year I'll leave it in the car.... Maybe.