• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kicked out of Smiths on Charleston and Hualapai

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Brigham Young wrote:
That is because you are interfering with the business purpose of the theatre, and interfering with the service that the other guests paid for.

I will let it go at that. If you want a reading list, let me know.
Are you kidding? So the constitution applies to businesses and private property owners, who cannot make up rules on THEIR property? News flash, businesses are owned by citizens too. Since when do my rights supersede theirs?

But you're at least saying there's an exception - if I "interfere" with others the Bill of Rights doesn't apply. Where are these exceptions codified and/or what case law backs up your claim?

I guess you're also going to "let it go at that" so you don't have to respond to my other three points. The same exception (interfering with the business purpose) does not apply to any of them. How exactly does my eating in an art gallery affect anyone else? Or exactly who business am I interfering with by refusing to be searched at a concert?

And yes, a reading list would be great.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The Big Guy wrote:
I hold that the best way to approach this is using competition. Vote with your patronage.
Agreed. Market forces will come into play. Don't like their policies? Go somewhere else! I like to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings but have refused to go back since we were kicked out of their North Las Vegas store last year. Hooter's works just fine for me :)

VegasGlocKid

imported post

so speaking of this. when i was kicked out of BWW. in reality, the manager had no right because they invited us in and kicked us out as we were leaving :?

so according to this video. if they invited us in, they couldnt strip our rights and we could have stayed....