• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Colbert Report - 31 oz. coffee with open carry!!

ROOK_WI

Landose_theghost

imported post

Still the fact that the Sussex rally had nationwide exposure is still pretty cool. Even though hedid geta couple laughs at our expense. Too bad he didn't go on a rant about Officerpansy who kicked out Protias,that would have been alot funnier!:lol:

protias

imported post

Landose_theghost wrote:
Still the fact that the Sussex rally had nationwide exposure is still pretty cool. Even though hedid geta couple laughs at our expense. Too bad he didn't go on a rant about Officerpansy who kicked out Protias,that would have been alot funnier!:lol:
He would never question the almighty government. The government knows what is best for us. /sarcasm

ROOK_WI

imported post

I cannot find anything regarding average Nielsen ratings for the show. I'll take a ribbing for the good of the cause, can't buy exposure like that. May not be 'Superbowl' ratings, but I'm pretty certain it beatsall local news here combined.

protias

imported post

Brendon .45 wrote:
I saw that the other night, was gonna post it here but Rook beat me to it.

Nice to see the national exposure, even if it was just for a laugh. At least he didn't put any negative spin on it.
You mean like with all the semi-automatic and full auto gun shots at the end?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

And again, the only thing the streets are flowing with, instead of the predicted blood, is urine from all the panty-wetters....

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

ixtow wrote:
And again, the only thing the streets are flowing with, instead of the predicted blood, is urine from all the panty-wetters....
Not even that. You can't be afraid of an armed person, go right up to them, and they don't notice that you have a wet crotch and smell of urine.

The streets are flowing with their bovine feces, nothing more.

ROOK_WI

imported post

riverrat10k wrote:
Wonder if he carries?
Not sure, butI have seen him pull out a prop revolver& rub & caress it from time to time - it is his job to crack wise.

WhatI am getting at is I have seen moreguns - even if props - on his show, than others in his craft. While it is his job to make people laugh,I cannot outright remember (others may) him really 'slamming'guns as bad. My guess would be he has a few at home. He and his writing staff had the perfectopportunity to be downright cruel, I don't think he was at all.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

N6ATF wrote:
You can't be afraid of an armed person, go right up to them...
I've always wondered about this part.

How can someone walk up to someone with a gun, tell them that they are scarry, intimidating, etc., and proceed to mouth off, cuss, insult, spew hate-speech, etc?

If their 'rhetoric' about us being so scary and intimidating were true, you'd think they'd scream and run away... But it never happens.

Their little rants are self-disproving by the very fact that they are doing it.

SsevenN

imported post

ixtow wrote:
N6ATF wrote:

How can someone walk up to someone with a gun, tell them that they are scarry, intimidating, etc., and proceed to mouth off, cuss, insult, spew hate-speech, etc?

If their 'rhetoric' about us being so scary and intimidating were true, you'd think they'd scream and run away... But it never happens.

You should read some of the stuff that shows up in DU's gungeon once and a while.

There are antis there, that have stated that they would SLAP and OC'r in the face, with no provacation. All the while espousing on how DANGEROUS the OC'r is.

Holy hypocritcal cognitive dissonance Batman.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

SsevenN wrote:
ixtow wrote:
N6ATF wrote:

You should read some of the stuff that shows up in DU's gungeon once and a while.

There are antis there, that have stated that they would SLAP and OC'r in the face, with no provacation. All the while espousing on how DANGEROUS the OC'r is.

Holy hypocritcal cognitive dissonance Batman.
I think I'll go kick that Grizzly Bear's ass with my bare hands.......... I'm gonna talk about it on the Interwebz like a big, bad macho man. I will Cyber-Strut-About with my hate-speech chip on my shoulder and tell that Dangerous, Intimidating Beast that I won't tolerate it's existence while preaching tolerance and love for all of not-God's Creatures.... Diversity is the Spice of Life! Celebrate Diversity by hating the crap out of everything that makes more sense than you do, and threatening physical violence against it on Teh Interwebz!

Liberals........ So peace-loving and full of tolerance.

The problem with tolerance is that only the immature require it. Grown-Ups accept that folks are different and don't need to hold back their hate; they don't have any.

I'd pay good money to watch one of them try it.

poopcorn.gif

Was it Grapshot who said "...sooner would you catch a rattlesnake's tongue!"

Lets add "In the dark, with chopsticks."

PakRatJR

imported post

Hi all. New guy here :D

I figured this post would be a good place to say hi, mainly because the Starbucks in the clip is roughly one block from me, and I always wondered how they were on open carry.

Although, I have been a "regular" their for a bit over two years now, and never new about that get together :?

I have yet to actually carry around here, mainly do to not being sure about the reactions, but it is at least nice to know that I won't be kicked out of my one and only coffee shop :D

Also, thanks to all those putting in the time and energy into this forum. I think I will be spending a fair amount of browsing and learning. :cool: