• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Antis will be protesting at Starbucks in Alexandria

Tomahawk

imported post

nova wrote:
I wasn't referring to your posts...It was more directed at those talking about Hurricanes, Screen doors, and butter faces
Oh, so it was directed at me, then? Hey, I freely admit to being a male pig. Life is more fun this way.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
nova wrote:
I wasn't referring to your posts...It was more directed at those talking about Hurricanes, Screen doors, and butter faces
Oh, so it was directed at me, then? Hey, I freely admit to being a male pig. Life is more fun this way.
Magua's heart is twisted. ;)

[flash=480,385]http://www.youtube.com/v/OceYiLo8OTM&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]

TFred

imported post

ed wrote:
I am on the facebook page of the brady campaign.. shooting holes in all the non factual "facts".
Oh man Ed, I don't want to join their page... do me a huge favor and add this sub-caption in the comments to this photo:

Enter at your own risk: The criminals know you are unarmed!

24500_347167614211_6236054211_3763473_5323163_n.jpg

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

TFred wrote:
ed wrote:
I am on the facebook page of the brady campaign.. shooting holes in all the non factual "facts".
Oh man Ed, I don't want to join their page... do me a huge favor and add this sub-caption in the comments to this photo:

Enter at your own risk: The criminals know you are unarmed!

24500_347167614211_6236054211_3763473_5323163_n.jpg
Modified caption/tag created :) TFRED you can always unfriend too

TFred

imported post

ed wrote:
Modified caption/tag created :) TFRED you can always unfriend too
Oh, you changed the caption itself, did you create the album?

ETA: I must be slow... apparently I didn't have my Starbucks today... you added a tag... sheesh. :?

Cool, thanks!

I don't have a TFred Facebook account... so nobody would even know it was me. :)

TFred

1245A Defender

imported post

longwatch wrote:
1245A Defender wrote:
XD40coyote wrote:
I see ALOT of anger even with her wearing the sunglasses, and it is good she hates guns so much, as I would be afraid of someone acting as moonbatty as her having guns.
I would NOT be the least bit surprised to find out that she DOES HAVE GUNS!, there have been many cases in the past of antis having guns ILLEGALLY and in secret, and they have USED them when shooting was not warrented!
years ago a DC judge used an illegally possesed hand gun to shoot a young boy IN THE BACK as the boy tried to RUN AWAY, after getting caught in the judges swimming pool.
Sounds like you are thinking of anti-gun columnist Carl Rowan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Rowan
Rowan gained public notoriety on June 14, 1988, when he shot a teenage trespasser, Neil Smith, who was using Rowan's swimming pool in Washington, D.C.. Rowan used an unregistered .22 LR pistol. Critics charged hypocrisy, since Rowan was a strict gun control advocate. In a 1981 column, he advocated "a law that says anyone found in possession of a handgun except a legitimate officer of the law goes to jail—period." In 1985, he called for "A complete and universal federal ban on the sale, manufacture, importation and possession of handguns (except for authorized police and military personnel)." [3] [4]
Immediately after the shooting, Rowan offered several conflicting accounts about where he got the handgun. He first said that he had purchased the gun himself in response to threats on his life (which he later claimed had been made by the Ku Klux Klan). He also initially claimed that the gun had been properly registered. However, when District of Columbia police disclosed that the gun had not been registered, Rowan changed his story, claiming that the gun belonged to his son, who "was an FBI agent and did not have to register it [because it was] properly registered federally." Police officials pointed out that under D.C. law, all guns must be registered locally; failure to do so was punishable by up to a year in prison and a $1,000 fine.
Rowan was tried but the jury was deadlocked, the judge declared a mistrial and he was never retried. In his autobiography, Rowan said he still favors gun control, but admits being vulnerable to a charge of hypocrisy.[5]
yup!! thath sound about right!!

wylde007

imported post

[align=center]
Except for ending
Slavery, Fascism,
Nazism & Communism
WAR HAS NEVER
SOLVED ANYTHING.
[/align]Really? Bulls**t.

All it has ever done is changed the face from a 6% private population with a few hundred thousand to an elite elected population with an entire nation of slaves.

What war ended communism? Last I checked communism was still alive and well in many countries. Most of them ones we (as "Amerikha") failed to disrupt through illegal and unconstitutional police action.

And I'd hit Abby. With a two-by-four.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Riana wrote:
Chkultr wrote:
I have been reading the posts on the Starbucks Facebook page. I have also been looking at all the photos. I came across one that I know I have seen posted on this forum. Three gentleman standing in front of a Starbucks OC'in! It looks like the Brady Campaign is using this photo to bash the people that are pro gun! I am not sure if anyone else has seen this?!

http://www.facebook.com/Starbucks#!/photo.php?pid=2541720&op=1&o=global&view=global&subj=22092443056&id=1153860634&fbid=1379393762243

I just read the caption they put on that picture:

This is from the forums of opencarry.org. They are openly flaunting having targeted your business for their antics. I have enjoyed your product, and the environment of your stores for several years. That ends today. No shirt, no shoes, no guns, no service. It's your right as a company to refuse to allow this. When you do, I'll return as a customer.

Wait a sec. Given that "No shirt, no shoes, no service" means you won't get service if you have no shirt and/or no shoes, doesn't "No shirt, no shoes, no guns, no service" mean you won't get service if you have no shirt and/or no shoes and/or no gun? So they're now claiming that Starbucks REQUIRES its customers to be armed? :what:

I find that immensely amusing (and now I'm thirsty for a venti mocha). :lol:

I wonder if the guy who posted it is ever going to read the comments...

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

wylde007 wrote:
[align=center]
Except for ending
Slavery, Fascism,
Nazism & Communism
WAR HAS NEVER
SOLVED ANYTHING.
[/align]Really?  Bulls**t.

All it has ever done is changed the face from a 6% private population with a few hundred thousand to an elite elected population with an entire nation of slaves.

What war ended communism?  Last I checked communism was still alive and well in many countries.  Most of them ones we (as "Amerikha") failed to disrupt through illegal and unconstitutional police action.

And I'd hit Abby.  With a two-by-four.
Call it like it is. Wonderful. +10,000 on all counts. I'd been inclined to make this post myself, but I lacked emotional wherewithal at the time.

Although, AbNo is correct in his usage of slang. :)

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

HankT wrote:
Uber_Olafsun wrote:
HankT wrote:
Uber_Olafsun wrote:
Same here. I was the screwdriver guy. They cut out the part I said about it just being a tool like anything else. You have to be responsible with everything you do. I also said they are using the 1st ammend right to try to restrict our second.

That's a very interesting position.

How can that possibly be?

Well maybe we can change it to where they can only complain and protest one time a month. That's reasonable right? After all think of the children.

Really, yours is a fascinating position: An American citizen is "using the 1st ammendment to try to restrict" the 2A protected right of other American citizens?

UO, how can you support that statement?

And, this is the fascinating consequence of your theory, what is the remedy?
I'm missing something apparently. Dozens of us have commented over the years re: using the 1A to restrict 2A. When did that become a "fascinating position"? What am I missing???

wylde007

imported post

marshaul wrote:
Call it like it is. Wonderful. +10,000 on all counts. I'd been inclined to make this post myself, but I lacked emotional wherewithal at the time.
Much obliged.

AbNo wrote:
No no, the correct phrasing is "As for Abby, I'd hit it. With a two-by-four."

Learn your modern slang. :lol:
Dang.

Although, AbNo is correct in his usage of slang. :)
Double-dang.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

With it noted that in no way do I intend to imply support for slavery in any way, the simple fact is that the civil war (like any war) was not merely a righteous sweep through slave territories rescuing slaves, but was a war driven by political power like most any other, which committed quite a few war crimes in its own right along the way, I might add. The way the North carried out their war left as many or more unnecessary problems in its wake as it actually solved.

I'm inclined to be very skeptical of any aggressive action, which is of course what people are usually trying to justify with "look at what war solved!" rhetoric.

Truly defensive war may be unavoidable, of course, and is another story entirely.

Just to be clear.

wylde007

imported post

Your statement was crystal clear to me without the support of your reasoning, but it serves to educate a greater audience with its inclusion.

Deo vindice.

marshaul wrote:
The way the North carried out their war left as many or more unnecessary problems in its wake as it actually solved.
Problems we suffer to fate even to this day.