• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mike Cox Lawn Signs Available

mikestilly

imported post

If anyone would like lawn signs please PM me and I have them available at my place in Warren or would be happy to drop any off on my way home from Livonia.

I'd also be happy to take them with me to all the MOC & OC events I attend. Please dont hesitate to ask.

I also can grab some 5200 Club Republican Mackinac Conference shirts .. They have a very cool picture of the governors mansion on the back with their days are numbered over it :) They are long sleeve t's too which are great for this weather ..

mikestilly

imported post

Oh yeah and how can I forget yesterdays announcement..FYI this is from my personal email.

Mike Huckabee Endorses Mike Cox!
I wanted you to be among the first to know that today, one of America's most respected conservative leaders, former presidential candidate Mike Huckabee formally endorsed my bid to be the next Governor of Michigan.

Mike Huckabee is one of our nation's most respected leaders, and he has continued to fight for more liberty and less government. I am proud to have his support and am honored that he is standing beside me as we fight to bring jobs back to Michigan.

For more on this exciting endorsement, please visit my website, www.mikecox2010.com and learn how you can join Mike Huckabee and me in our fight for Michigan's Future.

G

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Mike Huckabee is one of our nation's most respected leaders, and he has continued to fight for more liberty and less government.
And let's not forget that Reverend Huckabee also supports the early release of violent felons so they can slaughter police officers.

mikestilly

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
Mike Huckabee is one of our nation's most respected leaders, and he has continued to fight for more liberty and less government.
And let's not forget that Reverend Huckabee also supports the early release of violent felons so they can slaughter police officers.

And where did you get this one from? Show me the full quote that says he supports the early release of violent felons because this would be news to me and most people in the US.

G

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
mikestilly wrote:

And where did you get this one from? Show me the full quote that says he supports the early release of violent felons because this would be news to me and most people in the US.
Wearing political blinders?

http://washingtonindependent.com/69156/conservatives-hit-huckabee-for-cop-killer-clemency

Actions speak volumes...

Maurice Clemmons, a suspect in the killing of four police officers in Washington state, had been granted clemency by then-Gov. Huckabee back in 2000.

In 1996, shortly after becoming governor, Huckabee announced his intention grant clemency to Wayne DuMond, a convicted rapist and murder. A year after he was freed, DuMond assaulted and murdered a woman in Missouri.

Huckabee granted 1,033 pardons and commutations, including 12 convicted murderers.

G

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
And let's not forget he's a champion for higher takes too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaJW7nXw30A
Oh, but they made him do it...

Really???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYrGlfkvRV0
Who is the bigger tax raiser? Huckabee or Clinton?

http://www.arkansasleader.com/2007/11/editorialswhos-biggest-tax-raiser.html

G

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
And let's not forget he's a champion for higher takes too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaJW7nXw30A
Oh, but they made him do it...

Really???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYrGlfkvRV0
Who is the bigger tax raiser? Huckabee or Clinton?

http://www.arkansasleader.com/2007/11/editorialswhos-biggest-tax-raiser.html
Since Mike Cox so warmly accepts the endorsement of Huckabee, the questions that beg to be asked are...

Does Mike Cox also support the release of violent criminals, including murderers and rapists?

Does Mike Cox also support the raising of taxes in a similar fashion?

Does Mike Cox also support lying to the general public to protect oneself politically?

Are these also the characteristics you support MikeStilly?

mikestilly

imported post

First off guys stop hijacking my thread with post after post of this crap. I asked one question. If you want to discuss Huckabee so bad go create your own thread. I know very little about Huckabee and could care less to be honest. I never voted for the man. There are always 2 sides to every story including the reasoning behind pardoning people and the full list of facts on his handling of taxes (he was responsible for the largest tax cuts in Arkansas history). I got your point and there are a large number of people who disagree with you but please rant about it somewhere else. I'd also like you to show me any governor whose never raised any tax or fee ever that served 2 full terms.

I have some links of my own but I'm not posting them here because I'm not supporting Huckabee I'm supporting Mike Cox.

Thanks to all those who already PM'ed me I just responded to all of them. I will keep resupplying my stock of signs so feel free to PM me anytime. Mike Cox is a true patriot and one of the few politicians that has never wavered in his support for the right to bear arms. He's also a good conservative with a great plan which can be read here: http://mikecox2010.com/putting-michigan-back-to-work/

G

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
First off guys stop hijacking my thread with post after post of this crap. I asked one question. If you want to discuss Huckabee so bad go create your own thread. I know very little about Huckabee and could care less to be honest. I never voted for the man. There are always 2 sides to every story including the reasoning behind pardoning people and the full list of facts on his handling of taxes (he was responsible for the largest tax cuts in Arkansas history). I got your point and there are a large number of people who disagree with you but please rant about it somewhere else. I'd also like you to show me any governor whose never raised any tax or fee ever that served 2 full terms.

I have some links of my own but I'm not posting them here because I'm not supporting Huckabee I'm supporting Mike Cox.

Thanks to all those who already PM'ed me I just responded to all of them. I will keep resupplying my stock of signs so feel free to PM me anytime. Mike Cox is a true patriot and one of the few politicians that has never wavered in his support for the right to bear arms. He's also a good conservative with a great plan which can be read here: http://mikecox2010.com/putting-michigan-back-to-work/
Mike you're the one that posted your private email for the world to see. So there's no hijack here.

Obviously you're not "supporting" Hukabee. But you posted the endorsement as some badge of honor. If this is the people that Mike Cox associates his campaign with then it is legitimate to question him for it. Just like Willie Horton and Jim Wright.

Furthermore, you're telling us that Mike Cox will be just like any other govenor and intends therefore to raise taxes?

You're the one bringing political discussion to this forum. If you can't take the heat, stay away from the oven.

What about that "unwavering" response he gave about NFA items?

This is not some union hall where you can expect the masses to walk lock step with you on this. You're bringing the Mike Cox campaign here. Not us.

wardog6d

Banned
imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
mikestilly wrote:

Mike you're the one that posted your private email for the world to see. So there's no hijack here.

Obviously you're not "supporting" Hukabee. But you posted the endorsement as some badge of honor. If this is the people that Mike Cox associates his campaign with then it is legitimate to question him for it. Just like Willie Horton and Jim Wright.

Furthermore, you're telling us that Mike Cox will be just like any other govenor and intends therefore to raise taxes?

You're the one bringing political discussion to this forum. If you can't take the heat, stay away from the oven.

What about that "unwavering" response he gave about NFA items?

This is some union hall where you can expect the masses to walk lock step with you on this. You're bringing the Mike Cox campaign here. Not us.
Hurray! Here here. If I wanted to read some personal agenda in regards to running for governor I would GO LOOK FOR IT ELSE WHERE...

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

wardog6d wrote:
If there in the political arena there "kissing babies one minute and stealing there lollipops the next" They areall liers and cheats. However they always leave themselves open for options....
With politics you have to pick the lessor of evils. Sad but true. Of course you could always go to a monastery and live a life of quite solitude. Which sounds more attractive by the monument.

G

imported post

Venator wrote:
wardog6d wrote:
If there in the political arena there "kissing babies one minute and stealing there lollipops the next" They areall liers and cheats. However they always leave themselves open for options....
With politics you have to pick the lessor of evils. Sad but true. Of course you could always go to a monastery and live a life of quite solitude. Which sounds more attractive by the monument.
Then if we're picking evils, justify this as the lessor. Why because the great Mike Huckabee says so?

Don't just piss on my leg and tell me it's raining and that it's a good thing.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Venator wrote:
wardog6d wrote:
Then if we're picking evils, justify this as the lessor. Why because the great Mike Huckabee says so?

Oh Pat, I wasn't talking about any particular candidate, I was commenting in general. My 52 years on earth have taught me that politicians area necessary evil. One is about as good or bad as the next.

G

imported post

Venator wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
Venator wrote:
wardog6d wrote:

Oh Pat, I wasn't talking about any particular candidate, I was commenting in general. My 52 years on earth have taught me that politicians area necessary evil. One is about as good or bad as the next.
I thought that because this is a Mike Cox thread, that you were saying that he was the lesser of the evils. My mistake.

Haman J.T.

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Venator wrote:
wardog6d wrote:

Huckabee has conservative and independent influence and many supporters in this state.That helps a pro-gun candidate such as Cox wield the veto of any anti-gun bills and adds to the restoring of our gun rights in this state by signing pro-gun bills.I appreciate his sending an OC instruction memo to all LE agencies in the state.Thats what we've been trying to do from the begining.Everyone has their own choice to make.No big deal.Thanks Mike for the info.