• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mike Cox Lawn Signs Available

taxwhat

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Venator wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
Venator wrote:
wardog6d wrote:
If there in the political arena there "kissing babies one minute and stealing there lollipops the next" They areall liers and cheats. However they always leave themselves open for options....
With politics you have to pick the lessor of evils. Sad but true. Of course you could always go to a monastery and live a life of quite solitude. Which sounds more attractive by the monument.
Then if we're picking evils, justify this as the lessor. Why because the great Mike Huckabee says so?

Don't just piss on my leg and tell me it's raining and that it's a good thing.
Oh Pat, I wasn't talking about any particular candidate, I was commenting in general. My 52 years on earth have taught me that politicians area necessary evil. One is about as good or bad as the next.
I thought that because this is a Mike Cox thread, that you were saying that he was the lesser of the evils. My mistake.
http://www.detnews.com/article/20100312/METRO01/3120365/Cox-aide-may-testify-in-stripper-case

taxwhat

imported post

taxwhat wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
Venator wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
Venator wrote:
wardog6d wrote:
If there in the political arena there "kissing babies one minute and stealing there lollipops the next" They areall liers and cheats. However they always leave themselves open for options....
With politics you have to pick the lessor of evils. Sad but true. Of course you could always go to a monastery and live a life of quite solitude. Which sounds more attractive by the monument.
Then if we're picking evils, justify this as the lessor. Why because the great Mike Huckabee says so?

Don't just piss on my leg and tell me it's raining and that it's a good thing.
Oh Pat, I wasn't talking about any particular candidate, I was commenting in general. My 52 years on earth have taught me that politicians area necessary evil. One is about as good or bad as the next.
I thought that because this is a Mike Cox thread, that you were saying that he was the lesser of the evils. My mistake.
http://www.detnews.com/article/20100312/METRO01/3120365/Cox-aide-may-testify-in-stripper-case
http://www.detnews.com/article/20100316/METRO01/3160358/1409/Cox-fails-to-file-motion-to-unseal-Greene-deposition Hiding ? technical error ? Or ?

mikestilly

imported post

Did you fail the read the whole article?

Cox said he would prefer to give his testimony in public.
"Over the attorney general's objections, it's my understanding that the court is going to seal his deposition," Cox attorney Frank Monticello said at a hearing in November.
Chief U.S. District Judge Gerald E. Rosen said, "I will seal his deposition initially," but "if the attorney general wants it unsealed, I'll entertain a motion to unseal."
During the first day of Cox's deposition in December, his spokesman John Sellek said Cox would make a motion to unseal the deposition.
But when Cox left the federal courthouse at the end of the deposition on Jan. 25 and was asked about unsealing his deposition, he said: "We argued that," but "the judge said no." No motion to unseal the deposition has been filed.
Sellek didn't return calls Monday asking whether Cox intends to ask for the documents to be unsealed.
Sellek has said that Cox, through his attorney, made it "very clear" to the judge he wanted the deposition transcript open before the judge ordered it sealed.