• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Your Contact Information

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

To all of you, the California Open Carriers who have participated in or organized open carry meets here in our great State, I would like to ask you for your email address and/or phone numbers.

I swear on the Constitution that I will never share the information with anyone, unless I get specific permission from you about a specific situation first.

It has become clear to me that we will occasionally need the ability to rapidly make contact or send out important information. So please consider sending me your info, via PM here on OCDO, or via email to paul at californiaopencarry.org.

Also, if you do send me your info, please include any events you've organized or attended, as it's all becoming a blur to me at this point.

Thanks,
Paul aka MudCamper

Stan-Lee

imported post

MudCamper wrote:
To all of you, the California Open Carriers who have participated in or organized open carry meets here in our great State, I would like to ask you for your email address and/or phone numbers.

I swear on the Constitution that I will never share the information with anyone, unless I get specific permission from you about a specific situation first.

It has become clear to me that we will occasionally need the ability to rapidly make contact or send out important information. So please consider sending me your info, via PM here on OCDO, or via email to paul at californiaopencarry.org.

Also, if you do send me your info, please include any events you've organized or attended, as it's all becoming a blur to me at this point.
LEOs lie all the time to trick folks, it is a standard and expected practice. This was not a good thing to ask for even w/ good intentions. Some primary contacts would be a great idea but who wants to accept that responsibility ...BTW_What happened to swearing on the Bible?

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Stan-Lee wrote:
LEOs lie all the time to trick folks, it is a standard and expected practice. This was not a good thing to ask for even w/ good intentions. Some primary contacts would be a great idea but who wants to accept that responsibility ...BTW_What happened to swearing on the Bible?
Well if you don't know me or trust who I am you don't need to respond. Not a problem. I understand. I could have just PMed a couple dozen or so specific people, but I was being lazy I guess.

And I figured that the Constitution is something that all of us here on this forum can agree on. Not everyone uses the same religious book.

Stan-Lee

imported post

MudCamper wrote:
Stan-Lee wrote:
Well if you don't know me or trust who I am you don't need to respond. Not a problem. I understand. I could have just PMed a couple dozen or so specific people, but I was being lazy I guess.

And I figured that the Constitution is something that all of us here on this forum can agree on. Not everyone uses the same religious book.
I did not say I did not trust you and I agree w/ the concept. However, I only suggest caution inprovidingthat type of info to anyone for that matter.Ibelieve we could all agree that a primary contact(s) would bean excellent resourceif we get into UOC trouble. Perhaps there are lawyers in the group that would assume that role? The bible is still "the book" when being sworn in so I think it politically correct and safe to swear on. Let us know how this turns out, I am w/ you.....

demnogis

imported post

Ryan,
Please edit your post. The last thing you want is your private information publicly attainable on a board that is monitored by parties you otherwise would not want to have it.

ryanburbridge

imported post

I have nothing to hide and I do not have a false sense of privicy. Yahoo has great spam features. My phone is somthing I choose to answer. My name is my name. What is so scary?