• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First time today by accident

kenzmad

imported post

Stopped by Kid Valley at Gene coulon park today for lunch. As I parked, my phone rang. While talking to the customer I got out, changed out of my muddy boots, wrote a couple of notes and proceeded to walk towards Kid Valley. Still on the phone, I kind of hung around outside the joint til my phone conversation ended (5 min). It was then that I realized that I did not put my sweatshirt on before leaving the truck. "well, good as time as any" I thought. went in ordered my mushroom burger and fries. waited for what seemed like an eternity and walked out with my food. I was nervous as hell. seemed to me that every eye was on me. once I left, I got this feeling inside that was like, I can do this and I will do this. I may not OC everywhere I go, but will make a habit out of doing it. No cops came in lights flashing and guns drawn but it sure felt odd standing there with the pistol out there for everyone to see.

kenzmad

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Excellent and welcome to OC!

It is just that easy, you will find that 99.5% don't realize a gun is present. If you act in a normal, courteous way nothing will happen!

kenzmad

imported post

I noticed you are up here on the east hill as well. I am only 2 blocks of kent kangley off 124th ave. where are you?

kenzmad

Aryk45XD

imported post

Feels good to "come out", huh? I was nervous the first time tii, but it became so normal now that I feel odd without my buddy hanging out with me. Welcome to OC!