• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Support Flint Police

THway

imported post

Perhaps Flint PD should bring back the dreaded Reserve Police Officers...

Its either that or they start allowing the community to police themselves. Make members of the community responsible once again for the actions that are taken with that community. If the citizens, residents and business owners of flint wish to rid there fair city of gangs and violence, then they themselves are the only ones who can do it, by sticking together and working together, to form watch groups and neighborhood patrols.

Look at the residents of Detroit. The ones that truly care, finally said enough is enough, we want our city back. We want a safe community once again. And so far, their watch groups and neighborhood patrols seem to be working for them.

Remember... A watchful community is an aware community. But an armed society is a polite society...

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Start a program, and at the cost of One man's salary, you can train 20 and issue them radios, vests and badges - even keep a special frequency for them.

Then, when called, they can respond as needed.

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

sasha601 wrote:
Before MOC members support Flint PD, should we understand if Flint PD supports our cause?
i agree...why should MOC support flint if they dont support MOC??...im not saying they do or dont...i simply dont know...but im sure someone knows of the flint PD's general view of OC

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

I support the lay off. They had many many chances to save their jobs! Maybe crime will go down as a result of this.

As far as keeping us safe: That is impossible any where, especially in Flint They are first responders, not pre-sponders. I Have had personal experience with this matter. Called many times, sent Twp. once (They said they can't help), told once to come to station if I wanted help, told twice too busy to show up. once they showed and then carelessly handled a shot gun around me. once told They were on break. I hate to say it but the Union ruins just about every thing it corrupts...I mean touches.. Well then you get what we have here in Flint town.

WARCHILD

imported post

JMO....flint isn't worth saving. They have had multiple chances over the last 10 years since GM left and all they have done is keep supporting the most corrupt city government in the state.

Bulldoze it and sell the property!

SpringerXDacp

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
JMO....flint isn't worth saving. They have had multiple chances over the last 10 years since GM left and all they have done is keep supporting the most corrupt city government in the state.

Bulldoze it and sell the property!
:lol: Agreed. It's amazing that in the last four or five years a few buildings were restored and the the City thinks they are going places. So yes, bulldoze it.

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

Flint had a mayor who wanted to hire more cops, but the Union had a fit, so the Mayor said fine we will make flint patrols one man cars, then the union/city counsel cried it was to dangerous. I looked at it this way... The State cops are single man cars, and so is the Genesee Co. who are located in flint.
I remember a city counsel woman telling the audience that she saw a cop writting a ticket for an abandone car, she said that he looked scared & he shouldn't have been in that area alone. If that were the case then he should have asked for help, or stayed in his car, or maybe he should have stayed in school, or took a dish washing job. Either way Flint is a waste of time, it's corrupt, and controlled by greedy unions.
The Good Ole Boys Club is letting Flint become as Detroit.

FLEMTP

imported post

CrossPistols wrote:
Flint had a mayor who wanted to hire more cops, but the Union had a fit, so the Mayor said fine we will make flint patrols one man cars, then the union/city counsel cried it was to dangerous. I looked at it this way... The State cops are single man cars, and so is the Genesee Co. who are located in flint.
I remember a city counsel woman telling the audience that she saw a cop writting a ticket for an abandone car, she said that he looked scared & he shouldn't have been in that area alone. If that were the case then he should have asked for help, or stayed in his car, or maybe he should have stayed in school, or took a dish washing job. Either way Flint is a waste of time, it's corrupt, and controlled by greedy unions.
I dont know if it has changed due to the budgets, but last I knew MSP paired up after dark and only ran 2 man cars during the night time hours. Genesee county unless something has changed only runs like 2 general patrol cars in genesee county, the rest are the paramedic deputies who spend most of their time taking medical calls rather than answering calls for service.. so its not that bad.

I worked in flint as a paramedic for a little over a year. Yes, its bad there, and bad things do happen, but if an officer uses some common sense, and is 110% aware of his surroundings and calls for backup as appropriate, then one man cars are a good idea. Laying off cops in a city with crime like it is really sucks for the people of flint...and for the other officers who remain on the job.

Unions have destroyed most jobs anymore... look at the big three.. the unions have jacked up labor and health care costs so high, the CEO of GM is more of a health insurance administrator than he is a CEO of a car company!
The same goes for public safety.. the unions have demanded so much in pay and benefits and when the budgets get cut or crunched, dont want to concede anything or very little. With that said, i believe that those in public safety should earn a respective living wage, given the job that we do.. but we should also know when to give a little back and to compromise.

On the flip side of that.. municipalities should realize the LAST place they need to cut is public safety funding... but many times that is the FIRST place they look :banghead:

My thoughts and prayers are with them for sure!

NicF

imported post

thats the first place they cut because it has the biggest impact on the people and they use that to try to scare them into giving them more money in the future!!!

Haman J.T.

imported post

The elected city officials always threaten to reduce the basic's in order to get the money they want spend.It always happens when they have to cut costs.They threaten to cut police and fire to scare the citizens into giving in.The people need to protest this old way of polotics and contact their city officials and tell them how angry they are,and threaten them with replacing them instead of reducing police and fire officers.I am livid about the way poloticians do this and the people need to fight them because they work for us!

Haman J.T.

imported post

FLEMTP wrote:
CrossPistols wrote:
I dont know if it has changed due to the budgets, but last I knew MSP paired up after dark and only ran 2 man cars during the night time hours. Genesee county unless something has changed only runs like 2 general patrol cars in genesee county, the rest are the paramedic deputies who spend most of their time taking medical calls rather than answering calls for service.. so its not that bad.

I worked in flint as a paramedic for a little over a year. Yes, its bad there, and bad things do happen, but if an officer uses some common sense, and is 110% aware of his surroundings and calls for backup as appropriate, then one man cars are a good idea. Laying off cops in a city with crime like it is really sucks for the people of flint...and for the other officers who remain on the job.

Unions have destroyed most jobs anymore... look at the big three.. the unions have jacked up labor and health care costs so high, the CEO of GM is more of a health insurance administrator than he is a CEO of a car company!
The same goes for public safety.. the unions have demanded so much in pay and benefits and when the budgets get cut or crunched, dont want to concede anything or very little. With that said, i believe that those in public safety should earn a respective living wage, given the job that we do.. but we should also know when to give a little back and to compromise.

On the flip side of that.. municipalities should realize the LAST place they need to cut is public safety funding... but many times that is the FIRST place they look :banghead:

My thoughts and prayers are with them for sure!
Thats a crock!We have been losing health care coverage in the UAW since the late 80's,and concessions in our contracts since then too!After 30 years of pain,building trucks and cars for the customers,I take home $2300 a month and have to pay about 30% of my medical bills.When I was working it was about 10%.I am now the retired poor,living month to month.The public unions are another story.In todays paper it showed deputies pensions were determined by the last 3 years of their employment and overtime hours.25 years gives them $60 to $70 grand a year.More than when they were working.Thats twice as much as UAW retirees!The people of Flint need to fight to stop the waste of their taxes!

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
imported post

Ham, you get $76.00 a day for sitting on your rear. Can I ask you a question? Do you have a mortgage? If not, good for you, if you do what did you spend 30 years of union wages on?

FLEMPT said, "Unions have destroyed most jobs anymore... look at the big three.. the unions have jacked up labor and health care costs so high, the CEO of GM is more of a health insurance administrator than he is a CEO of a car company!
The same goes for public safety.. the unions have demanded so much in pay and benefits and when the budgets get cut or crunched, dont want to concede anything or very little. With that said, i believe that those in public safety should earn a respective living wage, given the job that we do.. but we should also know when to give a little back and to compromise."

I agree.springerdave.

FLEMTP

imported post

springerdave wrote:
Ham, you get $76.00 a day for sitting on your rear. Can I ask you a question? Do you have a mortgage? If not, good for you, if you do what did you spend 30 years of union wages on?

thats easy... UNION DUES LMAO!!!!!:D

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

PDinDetroit wrote:
The only problem with that is the relocating people. Um if your just turning it into farm & park land, why the need to relocate people who do Own, Pay Taxes, and take pride in their homes. If you reduce the population, and number of holms, you still have the same size area you have to patrol.