• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FYI. No more "renewals" of GFL

TFox2112

imported post

Found out today that there is no longer anyrenewal of a GFL. Had togo throughthe entire process again (although it has been somewhat simplified.) Nice lady at the probate court. I asked her why I had to go get fingerprinted again, she wasn't sure and that was just "the way it was." I assured her that my fingerprints hadn't changed. She seemed slightly amused. The lady at the jail almost assured me that the license would be delayed if I didn't put down my SSN. I explained that GA law doesn't require it. She acknowledged that fact but said that it would take longer to identify me. They have my fingerprints, DL# address, two phone numbers employer, business address and phone numberand previous GFL. apparently it doesn't matter. Frustrating. GRRR.

Yosimite sam

imported post

Isn`t possible to go renew 30 days before your current GFL expires?If yes than there would be no need for a temporary.

mark5019

imported post

i renewed feb 3rd as my gfl expires april 16th still no gfl in mail yet
as of the 1st im going to get my temp

Yosimite sam

imported post

mark5019 wrote:
i renewed feb 3rd as my gfl expires april 16th still no gfl in mail yet
as of the 1st im going to get my temp
Wow,that sure is taking a long time for them to get that out,I wonder is this something I will have to look forward to?It usually doe not take that long,It usually takes me 14 days to get mine.