Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starbucks Appreciation Day

Post imported post

Found this on NVshooters thought I post it up here, looks like this is a national thing some of the OCers over on NVshooters I think are going to meet up at the joint

http://www.supportstarbucks.com/

April 20th any starbucks

Post imported post

This needs to go our calender....i dont mind going.....they dident kick me out the last time i did...

Post imported post

Already on the calendar!

GoDSpeeD

Post imported post

Check this link out.

http://www.ignatius-piazza-front-sig...t-got-a-bonus/

I need a job at Starbucks.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Post imported post

im in! havent figured out which location yet but im glad corporations are finally opening their eyes.

Post imported post

I'll be attending the Starbucks nearest my house, Desert Inn & Eastern.

Any other OC'ers in my neck of the woods?

I'm open to suggestions for time.

Post imported post

I'd just like to add to the conversation something I had heard from a friend. Starbucks employees at their store were recently "in detail" informed about the companies stance on OC. I was also told of a strange story that may have prompted said meeting. Apparently there was a fellow that came through the drive thru and after paying said something to the effect of "I'm gonna come back with my gun." and very little else. This put the girl on edge who responded something like "no you're not". In the end the guy had meant that he was going to OC there, but the comment was taken as threat-like.

Moral of the story:
    a) Starbucks seems to continue to go forward with their stance and is going through steps to ensure their employees are aware of that stance and giving them the education to deal with events.

b) Be careful what you say and how you say it. I can easily see some event such as the one above ruining it for everybody.

I subsequently informed my friend of both the free lessons offered to employees, and to the approaching Starbucks Appreciation Day.

Post imported post

Hey let's do something different!! Let's hit every Starbucks in Las Vegas!! Road trip!! Who's in!!! Then the last Stop will be the range. Hell I'll even throw in 1000 rounds of 9mm to shoot!! Think Fox5 would do a story on us!!!!

Post imported post

:celebrate Ill bet they would...but the film strip would be a bunch of gun toten guys lined up at the toilet...lol

Post imported post

Post imported post

i herd something about starbucks dose not support the troops. They denied donating coffee to the soldiers over seas, because they "don't agree with the war"

but im not sure if its true im going to look into it.

Post imported post

i actually cant find any information to support that claim.

Post imported post

I support bring them home where they belong...

Post imported post

Please don't hijack the thread, this is about our choice to support them for their decision to support the second amendment and not give in to the Gun Control nuts.

This is not about their views on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan if they even have a public opinion on them. Personally, I disagree with the wars, but I do support the troops. But again, I don't think this is the place for this discussion

Post imported post

Yea that would be funny! Over 50+ Starbucks in Vegas!! I'm not saying we have to have coffee at all of them.

Post imported post

I had the opportunity to chat with the manager of a star bucks over here by the Gallarea Mall...I was Not OCing, But i did ask her what she thought about the stand the company took about OC in the store...
    Her answer was; "She dident fully understand what the fuss was about...it is legal in Nevada"....

But at a regional meeting a spokesman for the home office did mention the fact that less than 1% of the customers that come into a Starbucks nation wide carried guns..and if they put up signs there would not be a great deal of lost revenue...She said the regional spokesman said they were being pushed into a corner by the media to put up signs restricting guns.

They were also told to call the police if they thought there was going to be any trouble at all....

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

DavidS wrote:
    Yea that would be funny! Over 50+ Starbucks in Vegas!! I'm not saying we have to have coffee at all of them.
    POKER RUN!

Post imported post

doninvegas wrote:
    I had the opportunity to chat with the manager of a star bucks over here by the Gallarea Mall...I was Not OCing, But i did ask her what she thought about the stand the company took about OC in the store...
    Her answer was; "She dident fully understand what the fuss was about...it is legal in Nevada"....

But at a regional meeting a spokesman for the home office did mention the fact that less than 1% of the customers that come into a Starbucks nation wide carried guns..and if they put up signs there would not be a great deal of lost revenue...She said the regional spokesman said they were being pushed into a corner by the media to put up signs restricting guns.

They were also told to call the police if they thought there was going to be any trouble at all....
    the more and more I hear actual statements made by starbucks about this makes me just want to visit more. they know by just putting up signs they will not even flinch let alone feel a loss by gun owners, OCers not patronizing their establishment yet they still said one customer lost is too much! something is to be said about the mission statement of the founding members of the starbucks corporation and franchise not just about guns, but good old down to earth Americans that wouldnt turn away a single soul dispite what they were or are or stand for. wonder why starbucks has taken the corners by storm brilliant businessmen and patriots in my eyes.

Post imported post

Reading that statement made me think about a Starbucks poker run like Tim joked about. Maybe hitting 10 or so different ones and having some coffee. Only 30 bucks out of my pocket, but serves a point.

GoDSpeeD

Post imported post

Mr.Stressman wrote:
    i herd something about starbucks dose not support the troops. They denied donating coffee to the soldiers over seas, because they "don't agree with the war"

but im not sure if its true im going to look into it.
    That rumor has been circulating for quite awhile now. IT IS 100% FALSE.......the Sgt who "wrote" the letter(Sgt Howard C. Wright) doesn't belong to the 1st Force Recon Co
    1st Plt PLT RTO, as stated in the letter.

Post imported post

Count me in if this does end up in a Poker Run. By the way I have been riding my FatBoy everyday to work for 2 years "open Carry" and have never been ever stopped...but I must quaiify this by saying that the holster is attached to a Tactical Duty Belt with my other equipment!!! I wear a Harley jacket, Black 511's, and Boots.

Let's do a Poker run!!!

Post imported post

Mr_Kimber wrote:
    Count me in if this does end up in a Poker Run. By the way I have been riding my FatBoy everyday to work for 2 years "open Carry" and have never been ever stopped...but I must quaiify this by saying that the holster is attached to a Tactical Duty Belt with my other equipment!!! I wear a Harley jacket, Black 511's, and Boots.

Let's do a Poker run!!!
    I am in on a poker run...I have a nice Ultra classic...Mr Kimber sounds like a MC cop...lol
    It is getting a bit warm for that jacket....RU going to Laughlin?

Post imported post

Nope...just a Security Guard, can't help but laugh when I see people securing seat-belts at the intersections. Yes on the Laughlin Run, it would be great to do this StarBuck run. I only OC when I ride to work or on Duty. Been CCW for 28 years and feel strange to OC if I am not headed to a stright to a range.

Post imported post

Mr_Kimber wrote:
    Nope...just a Security Guard, can't help but laugh when I see people securing seat-belts at the intersections. Yes on the Laughlin Run, it would be great to do this StarBuck run. I only OC when I ride to work or on Duty. Been CCW for 28 years and feel strange to OC if I am not headed to a stright to a range.
    cool...Me too on the feel strange thing...but i am almost 70 YO....I am going to Laughlin this year..i think things have calmed down a little...

I am looking forward to the Starbucks thing....:celebrate

Post imported post

Does this mean that if it's just us 2...it 500 rounds each??? LOL I am looking to do a poker run, but see that it seems to be missing perticipation of people.

Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast