• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starbucks Appreciation Day

Mr_Kimber

imported post

Count me in if this does end up in a Poker Run. By the way I have been riding my FatBoy everyday to work for 2 years "open Carry" and have never been ever stopped...but I must quaiify this by saying that the holster is attached to a Tactical Duty Belt with my other equipment!!! I wear a Harley jacket, Black 511's, and Boots.

Let's do a Poker run!!!

doninvegas

imported post

Mr_Kimber wrote:
Count me in if this does end up in a Poker Run. By the way I have been riding my FatBoy everyday to work for 2 years "open Carry" and have never been ever stopped...but I must quaiify this by saying that the holster is attached to a Tactical Duty Belt with my other equipment!!! I wear a Harley jacket, Black 511's, and Boots.

Let's do a Poker run!!!
I am in on a poker run...I have a nice Ultra classic...Mr Kimber sounds like a MC cop...lol
It is getting a bit warm for that jacket....RU going to Laughlin?

Mr_Kimber

imported post

Nope...just a Security Guard, can't help but laugh when I see people securing seat-belts at the intersections. Yes on the Laughlin Run, it would be great to do this StarBuck run. I only OC when I ride to work or on Duty. Been CCW for 28 years and feel strange to OC if I am not headed to a stright to a range.

doninvegas

imported post

Mr_Kimber wrote:
Nope...just a Security Guard, can't help but laugh when I see people securing seat-belts at the intersections. Yes on the Laughlin Run, it would be great to do this StarBuck run. I only OC when I ride to work or on Duty. Been CCW for 28 years and feel strange to OC if I am not headed to a stright to a range.
cool...Me too on the feel strange thing...but i am almost 70 YO....I am going to Laughlin this year..i think things have calmed down a little...

I am looking forward to the Starbucks thing....:celebrate

Mr_Kimber

imported post

Does this mean that if it's just us 2...it 500 rounds each??? LOL I am looking to do a poker run, but see that it seems to be missing perticipation of people.

Bill

flagellum

imported post

For those who love Starbucks, March 23rd is Free Pastry day. Get a free pastry with a purchase of a beverage. This is on Tuesday morning.

ABNinfantryman

imported post

Mr.Stressman wrote:
i herd something about starbucks dose not support the troops. They denied donating coffee to the soldiers over seas, because they "don't agree with the war"

but im not sure if its true im going to look into it.

They refused to open shops in Iraq and Afghanistan to replace Green Bean because they don't support the wars. I'm betting though it had more to do with not wanting to get involved with the corrupt organization that is AAFES who holds a monopoloy over all businesses which operate on Army and Air Force posts and requires a cut of the profit.

On topic though, why do you guys consistently choose bad dates to associate the movement with? April 20th, the day after Waco and OCB anniversaries, Hitler's birthday, Columbine anniversary, and a drug reference to boot. I'm pretty sure Starbucks would rather you not celebrate them on such a wonderful day of history when no doubt the antis are going to be running around trying to tug on the heart strings of Americans with reflections on all said events.

flagellum

doninvegas

imported post

flagellum wrote:
That is damn good point, I never really realized that April 20th was all those things until now. I would guess that whoever chose that date was oblivious too. And as far as the starbucks/troops thing, I have this to offer:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/s/starbucks-iraq.htm

http://www.scambusters.org/starbucks.html

http://www.boycottwatch.org/misc/starbucks2.htm
I think if someone was to research any given day, we could find some thing BAD happened on the day....:?

As for StarBucks...I remember there coffee was available in Iraq when i was over there in 07/08......and it was much better than the national coffee...lol:lol:

Remmy

imported post

ABNinfantryman wrote:
Mr.Stressman wrote:
i herd something about starbucks dose not support the troops. They denied donating coffee to the soldiers over seas, because they "don't agree with the war"

but im not sure if its true im going to look into it.

They refused to open shops in Iraq and Afghanistan to replace Green Bean because they don't support the wars. I'm betting though it had more to do with not wanting to get involved with the corrupt organization that is AAFES who holds a monopoloy over all businesses which operate on Army and Air Force posts and requires a cut of the profit.

On topic though, why do you guys consistently choose bad dates to associate the movement with? April 20th, the day after Waco and OCB anniversaries, Hitler's birthday, Columbine anniversary, and a drug reference to boot. I'm pretty sure Starbucks would rather you not celebrate them on such a wonderful day of history when no doubt the antis are going to be running around trying to tug on the heart strings of Americans with reflections on all said events.
Along with The Civil Rights Act of 1871 becomes law, Wisconsin became a Territory Red Army Faction announces their dissolution after 28 years, Muhammad the profits birthday,Siege of Boston starts American revolutionary war, Freedom of religion is granted to the Jews of New Amsterdam(NY), Michale Jordan sets all time record for points scored in game, its also 4/20 a counterculture holiday, bay of pigs invasion fails....the list can go on and on, theres 12 dates of the 20th in each year and 365 days a year i highly doubt you can find any one day that did not have some sort of bad thing happen... this is also not something OCDO came up with so the date was not chosen by us, long island firearms came up with this plan and date from their website posted on the OP. Just sayin..

DEROS72

imported post

Being that I used to live in Vegas untill recently I follow whats going on there.(Lived over on Nellis near Sams Town). Here is a videohttp://www.king5.com/news/business/One-shot-or-two-Group-lobbies-to-ban-guns-from-Starbucks-84142442.html
that the local news did with me regarding Starbucks.The reporter was wrong in saying Starbucks is taking a stand,they are not.They simply follow state law which ever state they are in.They do not wish to be in the middle of this and have stated so many times.We here just go about our business and personally I have OC'ed in Starbucks for years.We do not and should not have some appreciation day and make a big deal lest we look like the ones trying to influence them.Just go about your everyday business and leave the company out of the middle of the debate.