Thread: Western Washington OC Meet

Post imported post

Date & Time: 2pm 3/13/2010
    Centralia, WA - (It's right off of i-5 ) www.ramblinrestaurants.com

After we eat a bunch of us plan to go to the Starbucks across the street......

Lots of things to do on this day:

Military Surplus sale
    http://www.olympicflightmuseum.com/events.php
    7637- A Old Hwy 99 SE Olympia, WA 98501
    www.olympicflightmuseum.com

Centralia Gun Show at the Fairgrounds
    SW Washington Fairgrounds – I-5 Exit 79, 2555 N National Ave Sat. 9-5, Sun. 9-3
    $5 admission 503 363-9564email: wesknodel@aol.com wesknodelgunshows.com

Post imported post

Quite ironic thatof the few pictures of the restaurant, the one below is posted. I hope they have a bunch of lockboxes I'll check with SWMBO about taking the day off for "hangin out with my gun buddies" as she puts it.

http://www.ramblinrestaurants.com/co...estaurant.html
    "Government is not the solution to our problems. Government is the problem" – Ronald Reagan 20 January 1981

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." – George Washington

Post imported post

The "Hammer and Tong" room is probably the Over 21 section of the restaurant.

Edit* I looked at the site, yep, the Hammer and Tong Room is the Lounge, 21 and over only.

Post imported post

sirpuma wrote:
    The "Hammer and Tong" room is probably the Over 21 section of the restaurant.

Edit* I looked at the site, yep, the Hammer and Tong Room is the Lounge, 21 and over only.
    Perfect! By so clearly (and tastefully) reminding us that firearms must be "checked" when using the Hammer and Tong room, I will expect a very friendly reception in the dining room. Oh, wait... this is in Centralia. Who knows what to expect.
    "Government is not the solution to our problems. Government is the problem" – Ronald Reagan 20 January 1981

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." – George Washington

Post imported post

I have carried in the place quite a few times without issue. Pay no attention to the signs, they are everywhere.

Post imported post

Just leave them in a pile by the door. Like this:

Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

Awesome picture! LOL.

I'll try to be there with the lady in tow.

Post imported post

Stryker wrote:
    Quite ironic thatof the few pictures of the restaurant, the one below is posted. I hope they have a bunch of lockboxes I'll check with SWMBO about taking the day off for "hangin out with my gun buddies" as she puts it.

http://www.ramblinrestaurants.com/co...estaurant.html
    Actually that sign is inside the resturant in the back and the other sign not shown says that the Hammer and Tong room is where the local politicos would go and argue politics back in the day, hence they didn't want any shooting. It is not a ban on guns at all. I eat there semi-regularly and OC while doing so. Never ever had an eye batted about it.

Post imported post

Right down the street from me - Ill see you guys there..I'll most likely be a little late.

Post imported post

kito109654 wrote:
    Awesome picture! LOL.

I'll try to be there with the lady in tow.
    I've got a great hawser..... if you need it (sorry if not funny, tugboat joke).
    I am the person responsible for myself, my wife and my son. I take that VERY seriously.

Post imported post

I just might try to make this one. I like the food at the Country Cousin and the ambiance.

Post imported post

I'll have a bunch of the pamphlets with me at this meet for those that want them

Post imported post

That is not too far north of Vancouver....a customary dinner stop on the way home from Seattle area.

I will see if the wife wants to head up that way Sat...she can go to the outlet stores and I will go to the gun show!

Gary

Post imported post

BTT

Post imported post

Good to see everybody, and meet some new ones.... Decent food at the Cousin' and Starbucks of course was a great follow up...
    www.WaGuns.org

Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!

Post imported post

Good to meet everyone.

Post imported post

well fellas, i was on my way up this morning from Vancouver, BUT, i can tell you its not such a good idea to strap the ol AK47 pistol on your back and ride up on your harley.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

jimmyt wrote:
    well fellas, i was on my way up this morning from Vancouver, BUT, i can tell you its not such a good idea to strap the ol AK47 pistol on your back and ride up on your harley.

Kwiknru?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

12 of us showed up for the meet. We also added a new member to the board 4570Jim (my uncle). Not a peep from any of the folks in the restaurant. There was one guy with a NYPD shirt and sweats on with a NY Yankees hat that kept giving us the eye.
    Great food & good company.

The trip over to Starbucks was uneventful as well we shoved 3 tables together and was there for about 45 mins to an hour.

The Centralia gun show was packed full. Lots of good deals to be found. There was a used Sig 226 going for $400. My bro-in-law picked up a numbers matching Russian SKS in excellent shape for $350.

The military surplus show should have been called a "Military Collectors show" and was not worth attending.

Post imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
    jimmyt wrote:

Kwiknru?
    What a coincidence....I just got done reading one of the threads regarding him.

Too funny!
    Gary

Post imported post

PoppaGary wrote:
    sudden valley gunner wrote:
    jimmyt wrote:

Kwiknru?
    What a coincidence....I just got done reading one of the threads regarding him.

Too funny!
    Gary
    jimmyt is not kwikrnu!!! but where is jimmyt now???? had some trouble yesterday, posted only to say he had trouble,, has made only one post,, and never been back??
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Post imported post

The reference was to the AK47 pistol he said he had strapped to his back, never meant to imply they were the same individual.

Gary