• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Western Washington OC Meet

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Date & Time: 2pm 3/13/2010
Centralia, WA - (It's right off of i-5 ) www.ramblinrestaurants.com

After we eat a bunch of us plan to go to the Starbucks across the street......

Lots of things to do on this day:

Military Surplus sale
http://www.olympicflightmuseum.com/events.php
7637- A Old Hwy 99 SE Olympia, WA 98501
www.olympicflightmuseum.com

Centralia Gun Show at the Fairgrounds
SW Washington Fairgrounds – I-5 Exit 79, 2555 N National Ave Sat. 9-5, Sun. 9-3
$5 admission 503 363-9564 email: [email]wesknodel@aol.com[/email] wesknodelgunshows.com

Stryker

imported post

Quite ironic thatof the few pictures of the restaurant, the one below is posted. I hope they have a bunch of lockboxes:lol: I'll check with SWMBO about taking the day off for "hangin out with my gun buddies" as she puts it.

home.jpg

http://www.ramblinrestaurants.com/country-cousin-restaurant.html

sirpuma

imported post

The "Hammer and Tong" room is probably the Over 21 section of the restaurant.

Edit* I looked at the site, yep, the Hammer and Tong Room is the Lounge, 21 and over only.

Stryker

imported post

sirpuma wrote:
The "Hammer and Tong" room is probably the Over 21 section of the restaurant.

Edit* I looked at the site, yep, the Hammer and Tong Room is the Lounge, 21 and over only.
Perfect! By so clearly (and tastefully) reminding us that firearms must be "checked" when using the Hammer and Tong room, I will expect a very friendly reception in the dining room. Oh, wait... this is in Centralia. Who knows what to expect.

Bear 45/70

imported post

Stryker wrote:
Quite ironic thatof the few pictures of the restaurant, the one below is posted. I hope they have a bunch of lockboxes:lol: I'll check with SWMBO about taking the day off for "hangin out with my gun buddies" as she puts it.

home.jpg

http://www.ramblinrestaurants.com/country-cousin-restaurant.html
Actually that sign is inside the resturant in the back and the other sign not shown says that the Hammer and Tong room is where the local politicos would go and argue politics back in the day, hence they didn't want any shooting. It is not a ban on guns at all. I eat there semi-regularly and OC while doing so. Never ever had an eye batted about it.

PoppaGary

imported post

That is not too far north of Vancouver....a customary dinner stop on the way home from Seattle area.

I will see if the wife wants to head up that way Sat...she can go to the outlet stores and I will go to the gun show!

Gary

jimmyt

imported post

well fellas, i was on my way up this morning from Vancouver, BUT, i can tell you its not such a good idea to strap the ol AK47 pistol on your back and ride up on your harley.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

12 of us showed up for the meet. We also added a new member to the board 4570Jim (my uncle). Not a peep from any of the folks in the restaurant. There was one guy with a NYPD shirt and sweats on with a NY Yankees hat that kept giving us the eye.
Great food & good company.

The trip over to Starbucks was uneventful as well we shoved 3 tables together and was there for about 45 mins to an hour.

The Centralia gun show was packed full. Lots of good deals to be found. There was a used Sig 226 going for $400. My bro-in-law picked up a numbers matching Russian SKS in excellent shape for $350.

The military surplus show should have been called a "Military Collectors show" and was not worth attending.

PoppaGary

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
jimmyt wrote:
well fellas, i was on my way up this morning from Vancouver, BUT, i can tell you its not such a good idea to strap the ol AK47 pistol on your back and ride up on your harley.
Kwiknru?

What a coincidence....I just got done reading one of the threads regarding him.

Too funny! :D
Gary